• Similar Content

• By HokieOC
      Finally pulled the trigger on a Joetisserie and can’t wait to start using it. First up want to do a chicken as that seems simple and easy, but given the two pack Costco sells has anyone done two birds at the same time on a KJ Classic? I’ve searched but haven’t found much Info with people cooking two, other than a picture which seems to be a Big Joe. Seems like it might be tight but should make it as long as they aren’t over 5lbs each. Also wondering if that affects cooking time. 
    • By cameronleespencer
      Hello There!

Texan, currently living in Seattle, finally got a backyard to do some grilling in this summer!

I'm currently grilling on a Weber performer, while I restore a Big Joe that I got off fb marketplace.  I have a thread in the DIY section with some photos if anyone is interested or has some good recommendations.  

Can't wait to get cooking on the Kamado once it is up and running.  Most looking forward to cooking some pizzas and of course brisket, being a Texan!

Thanks,
      Cameron Spencer
    • By PTK
      Looking for some assistance in purchasing a Shish Kebab Wheel attachment for my KJ Classic 1 18".  It will be used with the Joetisserie rod.  I have the Napoleon 64000 basket that I current use as well.  I want to ensure that the shish kebab wheels will have clearance and that the kebab sticks are not too long.  I do not want to be cutting down skewers, basic plug and play.

Pictures, product links will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all and Happy Grilling & Smoking
    • By cameronleespencer
      Hello there!  

I'm new to the world of Kamado cooking and to this forum, so I'm looking forward to some dialogue.

So I recently found a Big Joe for sale on fb marketplace for the irresistible price of $100!  The main body is in not terrible shape, but it's missing quite a few items, and will need some cleaning/repair.  I'm hoping the combined expertise hear can help me get this thing in good working order for the least amount of extra $ possible, and more importantly without damaging the integrity of the grill.

Condition Report:
      The ceramic body itself is in good shape with no major cracks or chips.  There are a few issues that need to be addressed however:
      The upper part of the interior has some green staining.  I assume this is from algae/moss since I live in the PNW.  Any tips on how to gently clean this, or should I just do a burnout when I get the rest set up?  The felt gaskets are in pretty bad shape and will need to be replaced (tips on cleaning and removing gunk would be welcome too).  The wire mesh gasket is mostly intact but has come loose.  Does anyone know of an adhesive that would be safe to use to re-attach it?   I'm not sure what to call this, but the hole that helps align the hinge on the back side of the band has been worn quite a bit.  Making the hole about 1 1/2" long and the ceramic a bit crumbly there (see pic).  Does anyone know of any substance I could safely patch this with, and how best to reattach the bands?  
      Missing parts:
      At that low of a price I wasn't too concerned about replacing a few parts, but after price checking I found I need approx $400-$450 in replacement parts.  I can get most of these from BBQ Guys, but I figured I would reach out to the community here and see if people had recommendations for third party replacements, custom ideas, or (fingers crossed) extra parts that they need to get rid of.  Here is a list of what I need:
      Firebox Deflector Grill Grates Flex cooking rack (is this necessary or is there another way to grill/smoke without it?) Replacement Gasket kit Missing the upper half of the cart, not sure if I will try and purchase that, or make a custom table I will be focusing on grilling and smoking with this grill, so I don't really need some of the specialty items.

I know this is a lot of information/questions, so don't feel like you have to address everything, but if you have some advice on any of the subjects, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks and happy grilling!

• By Lesta80
      No more to say really...  2 years now with the keg, no regrets  - Except for the time I cleaned the outside with cleaner and ruined the finish! But it doesn’t affect the cook!!!!