JOEtisserrie dedicated thread section

I am planning to do a pulled pork boston butt for a video on the Joetisserie at some point soon.  I'm trying to decide how I want to go about it since I'd probably need to remove the bone to get a good rotisserie fit.  The butt would have to be trussed really well also to keep it from falling apart.

I am planning to do a pulled pork boston butt for a video on the Joetisserie at some point soon. I'm trying to decide how I want to go about it since I'd probably need to remove the bone to get a good rotisserie fit. The butt would have to be trussed really well also to keep it from falling apart.

I've spun 8 to 10 bone in pork butts John, and have never had an issue inserting the spit forks around the bone. You don't have to insert the forks completely into the meat. You can also leave one of the tines exposed on the outer side of the meat.

I am planning to do a pulled pork boston butt for a video on the Joetisserie at some point soon. I'm trying to decide how I want to go about it since I'd probably need to remove the bone to get a good rotisserie fit. The butt would have to be trussed really well also to keep it from falling apart.

Looking forward to it! I performed surgery on mine to remove the bone and didn't tie it up very well either. It definitely might have benefitted from being tied better, but I just loosened the ends and pushed them tighter holding it. It still came out wonderful but I look forward to see what you do :-)