Ben S

The dangers of leafy green veggies.

Reminds of the Woody Allen movie Sleepers

Dr. Melik: Well, he's fully recovered, except for a few minor kinks.

Dr. Agon: Has he asked for anything special?

Dr. Melik: Yes, this morning for breakfast. He requested something called wheat germ, organic honey and tiger's milk.

Dr. Agon: [ laughs ] Oh, yes. Those were the charmed substances...That some years ago Were felt to contain life-preserving properties.

Dr. Melik: You mean there was no deep fat? No steak or cream pies? Or hot fudge?

Dr. Agon: Those were thought to be unhealthy, precisely the opposite of what we now know to be true.

Dr. Melik: Incredible.

In KCBS BBQ Competitions, if you garnish your turn-in box with kale, you are disqualified. No idea why. Perhaps as a child someone was attacked by a head of kale

If you look backward to the sixties and back--there was not the obesity epidemic that we have now. It does not take much except going out to a mall and looking around to know things are way out of wack.

I really believe that keeping foods that spike the blood sugar in moderation in the diet is a good approach (fast carbs).

Certainly consuming  food that does not have corn syrup in any of the top five ingredients is wise.

Eggs and butter were bad now they are good and the beat goes on.

Certain foods that are good for you also have toxins that if consumed in large amounts would kill you but no one eats them in that amount so the body processes it it out. I seem to remember that potato skins and the eyes have a toxic compound--- but to die you would need to eats a hundred pounds of potato skins at one time.

Juicing does have the capability to allow consuming greater quantities of vegetables that one could ever eat. So there is potential there that never existed before.

I have looked at food books and there is no consensus as to what is good for you. Many say that when the government revised their recommendations in favor of grains --they started this trend of eating badly.

At this point in time I think eating a variety of fruits, vegetables, and meats--primarily roasted, sauteed, or grilled is the way to go.

Still I  think that eating fast carbs is fine in moderation also.

Then the size of  portions count also.

All in moderation sounds good to me.