*Live* Competition Cook-off

Hey guys! So this is going to be a live thread over the next couple days. I am doing my first BBQ comp and I am going to update this thread in as much real time as possible. This is to document my experience and to give others that are thinking about competition a unique perspective. So with that said. Here we go!

This comp is not sanctioned and is being judged by locals. There is kitchen allowed in the box except meet and the categories are brisket, ribs, half chicken, and grillers choice. For grillers choice, I am doing a beef short rib. Out team name is Average Joes and we are cooking exclusively on kamados. I will have my KJ BJ and JR and my buddy is bringing his BGE. I spent most of the evening gathering all o my materials, making sauces, and smoking a butt for a dinner tomorrow. I made my timeline last night and it looks like our brisket will go one tomorrow around 0100. So the plan for tomorrow is as follows

1000-1200ish: load everything and double check that I have everything

1200: check in, get our spot and start set up

1400: start chicken prep

1800: dinner with friends.

I will update tomorrow when we get stuff set up. Ask any questions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This comp is not sanctioned and is being judged by locals. There is kitchen allowed in the box except meet and the categories are brisket, ribs, half chicken, and grillers choice. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like fun and good luck!

But what did you mean "...kitchen is allowed in the box except meet..."   :?:  :huh:

Ah... that would make sense.

That is correct. Right now we are hanging out and will be firing up the BJ in an hour or so.

Awesome, can't wait to see your progress! Good luck to your team, I hope ya get a grand prize!