The Weber Summit solves all my cooking problems

LostArrow

Forget about the price!

It really is a neat cooker!

Solves many of things about ceramic Kamodo's that bother me.

1) limited capacity, with the expander shelf & 24 in grate will smoke the same amount as a 22 WSM

2) weight & inability to move, roll around on performer cart.

3) ceramic being fragile , & prone to crack.

3) ease of use , propane lighter & ome touch ash system.

4) save money by using on sale Kingsford

Forget about the price!

It really is a neat cooker!

Solves many of things about ceramic Kamodo's that bother me.

1) limited capacity, with the expander shelf & 24 in grate will smoke the same amount as a 22 WSM

2) weight & inability to move, roll around on performer cart.

3) ceramic being fragile , & prone to crack.

3) ease of use , propane lighter & ome touch ash system.

4) save money by using on sale Kingsford

I grew up with Weber Kettles and ate a lot of good food that came off of them. My Dad got our first one as a promotion from Dodge when he bought a new Dodge pulp truck in the mid >  late 50's. We went through many of them over the years, as the legs were always the first to go. Through college and beyond the Kettle was the only thing I ever cooked on until about 25 years ago when I bought my first BGE. I have never cooked on a Kettle since, and probably never well. Same thing with Kingsford. Briquettes are garbage IMO.  That being said the original Weber kettles are a great bang for the buck if someone doesn't have the coins to drop on a good ceramic Kamado. I would buy a Weber Kettle before I would some of these entry level Kamados.  I don't see this Weber Summit as much of a value though. It is basically an upgraded Weber Performer, nothing more, nothing less. There is no way anyone is going to get as moist of meats off it as compared to a Kamado.   I get a kick out of these guys who think it is going to give Kamados a run for their money. I need to get me some of whatever they are smoking. Comparing it to a Kamado is "Apples & Oranges".   The other laughable posts are the ones who think Weber will eventually lower the price on it. There's not a snowballs chance in hell of that happening. Weber has never lowered their MSRP on any of their products, they just keep raising them like everyone else. As far as for searing, if someone can't get great searing off of a Kamado, they probably shouldn't be cooking with fire in the first place. Weber will find a niche market for this product, but you will never find it in the big box stores, and I also doubt that that many small BBQ dealers will even inventory it.

I would buy a Weber Kettle before I would some of these entry level Kamados.

Andy, you've always provided good information based on your history with kamado cooking, but I'm puzzled by this statement. What do you feel could be done better with a Weber kettle than can be done with a Vision or Akorn? I've owned stick burners, electric smokers, propane smokers, gas grills and the like, but have been able to do more cooks tastier and easier with the Vision and Akorn than I ever could with the others. What would a Weber kettle do more proficiently than the two entry level kamados that I own?

$1699, American? No side tables? No way I'd buy one of those. I'd buy a Big Joe everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. Or $2300 with the table? 2 regular Joes and a junior, or a Big Joe and a junior.

Just think of the combination of Joes you could get at the KJ roadshow for the 2300$ price tag! :) You could essentially get the trifecta and 400 pounds of lump for the 2300$ assuming of course you were able to get the Big Joe/Joe Jr. display combo deal! Oh the possibilities there and not to mention the amount of food you could cook on them.

As far as the comments from the original poster - I say if you want the new Weber, can afford it, and it solves all your cooking needs - go for it. However, if it's more of an ego thing - just to say your grill is more expensive than so and so's kamado cooker - I think you missed the point. After all, isn't the main point of using a grill (whatever your cooker of choice is) to produce good delicious food? So in summary the main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing! Cook on brother and enjoy delicious tasting food!

$1699, American? No side tables? No way I'd buy one of those. I'd buy a Big Joe everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. Or $2300 with the table? 2 regular Joes and a junior, or a Big Joe and a junior.

Just think of the combination of Joes you could get at the KJ roadshow for the 2300$ price tag! :) You could essentially get the trifecta and 400 pounds of lump for the 2300$ assuming of course you were able to get the Big Joe/Joe Jr. display combo deal! Oh the possibilities there and not to mention the amount of food you could cook on them.

As far as the comments from the original poster - I say if you want the new Weber, can afford it, and it solves all your cooking needs - go for it. However, if it's more of an ego thing - just to say your grill is more expensive than so and so's kamado cooker - I think you missed the point. After all, isn't the main point of using a grill (whatever your cooker of choice is) to produce good delicious food? So in summary the main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing! Cook on brother and enjoy delicious tasting food]

So your opinion if someone wants the Weber Charcoal Summit it's just an ego thing. I can cook anything you can cook on a Kamado with a UDS, Pit Barrel Cooker or a Kettle. I guess Kamados are just for ego......

I agree with the OP that Weber Charcoal Summit solves all the issues between Webers charcoal line. If you think about it that way it's a really smart move by Weber.

So your opinion if someone wants the Weber Charcoal Summit it's just an ego thing. I can cook anything you can cook on a Kamado with a UDS, Pit Barrel Cooker or a Kettle. I guess Kamados are just for ego......

Not sure how you got that from my post so please re-read the post from the original poster paying close attention to his statement about being able to say my cooker cost more money than so and so's Big Green Egg and then re-read my post before you start taking shots at me for my comment and implying that I said something that I did not say.

Thanks,

Chuck

I agree with the OP that Weber Charcoal Summit solves all the issues between Webers charcoal line. If you think about it that way it's a really smart move by Weber.

-The OP never said anything of the sort, not even close. But I like to stir too!!!