4 Year Old Akorn

Mine is approaching 3 years, I budgeted for a cermIc replacement on the idea that mine was going to be rusted out but it's still looking good.

All that I have is a cover and covered porch an absolutely no rust damage. I've done nothing beside .general aware owner care. I leave it uncovered the day of Using the grill and cover the grill with the stock cover the day after. Every 4 cooks I empty the ash pan.

I'm very surprised mine is still going strong after 4 years also. I keep wanting to upgrade to ceramic, but so far I've not found anything I couldn't cook with it so it's hard to justify the cost difference. I keep mine covered. Just rep placed my first cover a couple of weeks ago. No complaints other than I can only control to 250F on the low end

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine is still doing well and is coming up on 4 years. Since I got my BJ I use it mostly for lots of high temp stuff, so I am surprised it has held up this well.

Do I understand you got a BJ 4 years ago?... man I got one last night...

LOL No I got my BJ last year, so I used the Akorn for everything before that. Since I got the BJ, I only do regular cooks on the Akorn when I need more space than the BJ can give me. I do use it for Pizza and the sear portion of reverse sear meat cooks on the BJ.

My cart version is 3 yrs old and still performing very well. No rust or anything replaced. I also have one that's 4 (no cart) that;s still doing fine. I only had to put some nomex felt on the ash pan to seal it a little better as it was used.