Sign in to follow this  
Baby Back Maniac

Announcement of a lifetime???

Fellas,

I'm sitting here at Nebraska furniture Mart looking at the new Weber charcoal summit.

4db91ac2e372fa3884c8e0073b4f0fd6.jpg

I could not have been more down on this before I saw it in person but after listening to Ken and some of the other guys talk about it having seen it in person, I decided to come take a look.

Right now I'm thinking I might have a big announcement to make later this evening. (I think you guys know where this is going.)

PS, I may need a place to stay this evening if the dog doesn't let me share his house with him.

Looking forward to a comprehensive review! Good luck with SWMBO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same here. Can't wait to read your review and see your cooks! Congrats on the new purchase! I'm sure you will love it.

So much for them not selling at 'big box stores'. While NFM is not Sam's or Costco, etc... It sure isn't your high end BBQ store that we've been told about. I enjoy shopping at NFM quite a bit, as long as my wife's not with me. With her, it is inhumane torture.

Congrats on the Weber! Can't wait to hear and see the reviews.

Thanks guys. I know this is crazy, because my initial impression was just like most people. I thought this is completely ugly and overpriced. Well, I'm still pretty sure it's overpriced, but after seeing it in person I don't think it's ugly and as soon as I put my hands on this thing I realized what this was. People have been saying "it's just a glorified Performer" like that's the a bad thing. The truth is that that that's EXACTLY what it is. It's an oversized, overbuilt, insulated Performer on steroids and I LOVED My old performer! If I can get some of the benefits of Kamado with the convenience of Performer, it will be worth it to me.  

So much for them not selling at 'big box stores'. While NFM is not Sam's or Costco, etc... It sure isn't your high end BBQ store that we've been told about. I enjoy shopping at NFM quite a bit, as long as my wife's not with me. With her, it is inhumane torture.

Congrats on the Weber! Can't wait to hear and see the reviews.

Yeah, what's weird is the guys at NFM weren't even expecting it. They said it shipped there by mistake. I not sure if he meant it came earlier than expected or if they weren't expecting it at all. The guys at BBQ's galore said Weber hadn't even made these yet and as soon as they pulled them "off they line" they would get the first batch. Um...ok?

Post a video if you can. I went to a BBQ store to look at one but they were all in the boxes still. I asked the sales guys how are they gonna sell any if no one can see them and he said they sold em all and no longer have a demo because they sold that too.....