Sign in to follow this  
GLOCKer

Heat deflector stone thing...

Their website is back up and useable!  Here are the two products I purchased:

Stone - http://ceramicgrillstore.com/collections/vision-spider-classic-professional-s-series/products/13-round-ceramic-stone-large

Vision Spider Large - http://ceramicgrillstore.com/collections/vision-spider-classic-professional-s-series/products/large-spider-vision

These two items came to just under $63.  I don't know if that included shipping.

After speaking with them, what product did you decide to go with? This might help other Vision owners.

I tell you what; as soon as their website is back up and I place my order, I'll post the links to the exact products I buy!  I'm definitely going to grab a stone and a metal rack to suspend it.  I'm also considering a drip pan (or I may just use a throw away foil pan)  I've got to watch my cost on all of this because I want to stay married.  So far this week I've already had to spend money on replacing the probes for my Maverick RediCheck.  I'm about to bust out another $60-ish for the stone and rack!  This means I'll have to wait a little for the Kick Ash Basket I wanted. :(  

" I want to stay Married"? 

Yep. I've been spending money here a lot. And on top of buying a new kamado last weekend, I'm trying to buy a $7000 supercharger for my car too! I hope I don't annoy my wife! LOL

I got the stone and rack today. I regret ordering the 13" stone instead of the 14" stone. But oh well.the stone is pretty thick and feels nice.

20160419_173922_zpsl7mj95l6.jpg

I got one of the Vision lava rocks...cracked the first time I got it over 500 degrees....did not crack the whole way through, but you can see that it cracked...bought an Acorn heat deflector of of Ebay for $25 new and free shipping...we'll see how it does.

I bought the cast iron griddle from Academy Sports, cut the handles off and welded them back on in an upright position.  Works great.  I can use it as a heat deflector or to get a good sear.  I used two strips of cold rolled steel bolted together and bent to fit my fire box.  The griddle hangs two inches below the lower grate.  Total cost, about 20 bucks.

Cook her a good meal, Do the dishes,tell her you love her.  Now about the supercharger, what you putting it on? And really check out the kick ash baskets I have a Pro S and they don't have a basket to fit it ( they say they do but it is a horrible fit)

Cook her a good meal, Do the dishes,tell her you love her.  Now about the supercharger, what you putting it on? And really check out the kick ash baskets I have a Pro S and they don't have a basket to fit it ( they say they do but it is a horrible fit)

I'm going with a ProCharger!  I got it a really good deal on one and a close friend of mine will lead the installation because he's familiar with that.  I emailed the Kick Ash guys and they said they are working on a Pro S specific basket!

Looking at this topic. I have the 14" cast iron pan on a CGW spider, it leave a lot of room around the edge, radiates a TON of heat to the food, hangs below spider onto the lump. 

Just wondering...I was moving and everything had shipped to new house, but was left to repaint etc.  I had pizza left and hardly anything left to warm it up with or cook with but a gasser on a outdoor kitchen, and my wife had some floor tiles on my deck from a project....

I had an idea...Use the ceramic tiles on my gasser to warm the pizza up with. Its obviously going to be take the heat and readily available...cheap as heck. It worked perfectly. I cooked bacon on it, other stuff. Granted they are square, but that's changeable and a larger tile could be cut down and edges of the square off and put it on my spider for a diverter, and heck you could even cook on the thing, like whatever, bacon, bread, etc. A smooth surface tile could be pretty flexible...pancakes, french toast, etc. Yea, I could use a pan for it too, but the handle would get in the way and it might get smoke damaged, these are so cheap, if I get a year out of one...for like $2-3 a tile....

Anyone else ever try this? I'm back at new house but have a pile of tiles back at the old home, so I'll report back after I experiment with it.