Pork loin has never been my favorite cut, but we had one in the freezer to use.  I mixed up a brine, and left it soak for about 36 hours.  Brushed on a simple honey glaze, then direct grilled at 400 until the glaze was carmelized.  Slid it across to indirect, and left it go to 145 IT.  Wrapped it, and put in cooler for about 30 min.  Still not as good as ribs, but it was a very fun cook, with the direct/indirect.  I was pleased with how it turned out. 

post-10899-0-95863400-1460331107_thumb.j

post-10899-0-39839600-1460331122_thumb.j

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Shortyque
      First, a brief confession.  I have had a joetisserie for about a year, and only used it maybe 3 times.  Did a chicken, a turkey, for some reason just a little underwhelmed with the whole process, and then all the extra cleaning up.  Until today...
          Had a small pork loin in the freezer from my BIL's pig.  Watching John Setzlers video on spinning a pork loin, plus a recent post on the Facebook group made me decide to dig the Joetisserie out again.  Injected it with applesauce/apple juice mixture, slathered in mustard and coated with my wife's cajun spice rub.  After about an hour and 15 minutes of spinning at 325 degrees, we pulled it off and left rest for 10 minutes.  My wife thought I was going to break into tears with my first bite.  Words fail me to describe it.  The subtle flame kissed outside, the juicy inside, so soft you could cut it with a fork!  You can't buy food this good at a restaurant (at least not a restaurant I can afford).  Thanks again John for your excellent video.

• By St1brew
      Butt on for about 15.5 hours overnight smoked over pecan. Put loin on this morning for 3.5 hours. Had to put more charcoal on about 12 hours. Loin was a bit dry, butt was awesome and moist with an awesome crust. Overall, pretty happy with the first smoke on the vision. Also learned a lot about "marathon" smoking and fine tuning temp adjustments. Temp got to 300 once or twice, takes a while to get back to 250....

• By SmokinSteveBBQ
      You never know what Ole SmokinSteve is going to come up with next so be sure to Subscribe and leave comments. Thanks for watching...... Smoke On .... it’s all Good!
    • By Tarheel
      I've been wanting to do a pork loin for a while, and after seeing this recipe on Steven Raichlen's "Project Smoke" show I knew exactly how I wanted to cook it.
      I butterflied the loin, and per the recipe coated the inside with rub, bourbon, dijon mustard, brown sugar, and more bourbon:

Next I tied it up, placing 4 strips of bacon along the outside, and put it on the grill at 300 degrees. I used 4 chunks of cherry, and had good smoke throughout the cook.

Next, I mixed up the glaze (equal parts butter, bourbon, brown sugar, & dijon), and basted the loin when it hit ~ 130.

I then cooked it direct ~ 2 minutes per side to help help carmelize the loin and crisp the bacon:

I pulled it @ an IT of 153:

Slice the loin:

And plated, adding glaze to the sliced loin:

All in all this was really good, and garnered compliments from my wife (always a good thing!).
      A couple of observations: The smoke profile wasn't as pronounced as I would like, I think this may be because I used cherry chunks while the recipe calls for hickory. I will use hickory next time. Also, the bacon is really a key ingredient, it really soaks up the taste of the smoke and the glaze. A bite of the loin accompanied by a small slice of the bacon was much tastier than the loin by itself.
      I'll do this cook again.
    • By ThisGirlCanGrill
      Last week I had a really good cook on my Kamado.  I roll cut a pork loin and stuffed it with dirty rice (made according to box directions), sprinkled with Tony Cs and tied it up.  Cooked at 325 - 350, indirect for about an hour until 115-120 (I can't remember) Then I flipped it and cooked until ~145 - opened the grill up and cooked till 150 (for color).  I pulled and foiled.  Sliced and served with more dirty rice, green beans and sweet cornbread.  ALSO - I threw on some Texas Firecrackers - stuffed jalapeños and poblanos (cream cheese, sausage, cheddar wrapped in bacon and a decadent chocolate peanut butter torte for dessert.  
      Here is the recipe for the torte if anyone wants it.  http://www.lifeloveandsugar.com/2015/04/08/reeses-chocolate-peanut-butter-tart/