Baby Back Maniac

The Weber Summit Charcoal Grill is a kamado

8 minutes ago, prowe said:

CK, I think that is a Stainless steel part that looks white in the pic. I may be incorrect, but doubt it.

Could be a SS part. Just curious. 

Seems like if that brass fitting could angle around just a little bit it would match up. 

1 hour ago, prowe said:

CK, I think that is a Stainless steel part that looks white in the pic. I may be incorrect, but doubt it.

Yes, you are correct.  It's part of the valve body.  

1 hour ago, ckreef said:

Could be a SS part. Just curious. 

Seems like if that brass fitting could angle around just a little bit it would match up. 

Yes, I was thinking the same thing.  Maybe a quarter of an inch or so may be enough.  But I stopped trying for now.  I'm just using my chimney for now. 

The grill was assembled by the hardware store so it's possible something is out of alignment. 

A pic from last night.  Late dinner on the Weber Summit.  The wings sat in a Weber southern whiskey marinade for about 6 hours.  Will probably go at least 12 hours next time but they still turned out great. Also grilled some asparagus with garlic evoo, salt and pepper. Small baked potato on the side. 

20180128_185610.jpg

2 minutes ago, TKOBBQ said:

Nice looking wings.

Thanks but I have to work on my camera skills.  I'm usually more focused on the cooking and eating.  Pictures are usually an afterthought.  

I'm just now seeing this. Mine will use the green cylinders. It just wasn't the easiest thing to screw in. $900 is a great deal. I don't think the Summits are moving as fast as expected so I'm hearing about more and more deals like this. Hopefully Weber will get the hint and lower the price so more people will be able to afford it. Congratulations! 

If Weber would pull their finger out and bring them to Australia I think they'd do really well.

The only widely distributed Kamado in Aus is KJ through a single retailer (you can still find Primo and BGE but you really have to search for them), but Weber outlets are everywhere.

Given the size and features of the Summit (self starter, table, ect) I think they could find a pretty decent spot in the market here, provided they keep the pricing competitive

Especially when you consider that most Aussie house holds have at least one Weber kettle sitting on the deck, convincing people to move into a Summit would be a lot easier (as a Summit is essentially a kettle on steroids) where as people are a little more apprehensive about ceramics, for some reason.

I've cooked veggies, wings, pork shouldr

, brisket and even some frozen Salisbury steak so far.  The Summit has performed great.  

My only real complaint is more of a personal preference.  I just don't like using charcoal for everything.  My gas grill still gets used quite a bit. 

On 1/29/2018 at 2:00 PM, Jsk0703 said:

A pic from last night.  Late dinner on the Weber Summit.  The wings sat in a Weber southern whiskey marinade for about 6 hours.  Will probably go at least 12 hours next time but they still turned out great. Also grilled some asparagus with garlic evoo, salt and pepper. Small baked potato on the side. 

20180128_185610.jpg

That looks absolutely delicious. Man really craving asparagus now. Guess I know what I'm doing Friday night.

28 minutes ago, DaddioWA said:

That looks absolutely delicious. Man really craving asparagus now. Guess I know what I'm doing Friday night.

I absolutely love grilled asparagus.  I can make a meal out of it.   I usually just toss it in some olive oil with salt and pepper.