Walmart brand super cooler

philpom

Has anyone done comparisons on how these coolers (well any coolers really) do with keeping BBQ hot enough?  That would be a secondary purpose for my cooler and might look into getting a different one. Mine is pretty bad 

Anyone have any extended experience with these Ozark Trail "High Performance" coolers?

I'm in the market for a new 50 qt size cooler, and am not dropping the money for a Yeti level one. For family camping a handful of times a year and occasional outing/picnic, I can't justify the budget (or really the need) for a $350+ cooler. But some of the comparison videos with the Ozark Trail, have me interested in spending $150 on one of those.

Check out RTIC and their comparison videos to Yeti. You can't beat the prices.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a 65-qt RTIC (it was a gift) and it's a beast, both structurally and as a way to destroy my back. Those suckers are heavy! But they do keep ice well.

A later gift: a set of wheels designed to fit RTIC and Yeti coolers.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/398546967/chilly-wheelies-wheels-for-yeti-rtic-and

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 3 weeks later...

Another vote for RTIC.

i do keep a Yeti 45 in the backseat of my truck.  Stays loaded down with bottles of water.  I've had it for a few years and it's held up really well.

Just recently got a Yeti 45, specifically for trout fishing trips. Starting with a standard load of ice to the top and topping it of daily, it kept four big trout completly frozen for 4 days. (After loading the trout at Panguich lake we fished Lake Powell for 3 days, our hotel room which was supposed to have a fridge with a freezer did not)  Very happy with my Yetti's, IMO,  their performance makes up for their weight and the fact it usually takes two folks to lug it around. 

We have been camping on the eastern shore this week and I have the Ozark 73 qt and a Coleman and the Ozark has blown the Coleman away as far as ice retention goes. My son in law has a Yeti and Rtic and his son has a Ozark all in the 50 something size and the Ozark is right up there with them. I would pick up another Ozark without hesitation, especially for under 2 bills.