On Saturday, May 21st, the second season of Steven Raichlen's Project Smoke will release to public television stations nationwide. Komodo Kamado grills are the featured Kamados for this season.  I'm loosing sleep because I believed it was not until Father's day in June.

The Create Channel (available in 80% of the country), will run repeat plays of a 4-episode marathon of new season episodes over Memorial Day weekend, ensuring strong exposure just as the season gets underway.  Going to be a wild ride.. I'm hoping all the Q planets align and I will sellout my US inventory.

Preview: Project Smoke Season 2  

Great news Dennis.  I am happy that you were able to boost production early enough to meet the demand for your grills.

I have been telling people to order their kk before the rush if they plan on getting one this summer.  I am really excited about seeing this series, and have been watching Raichlen in love with his own personal KK through social media. 

I think it speaks volumes when someone like him is just speechless with respect to a BBQ product

Congrats and a well deserved alignment of the planets my friend

Dennis - great news! I'm hoping that your State side inventory goes flying out the warehouse doors! I'm goons have fun sitting down and watching Raichlin cook on the KKs. I'd love to pick up some new techniques!

Congrats my good friend! I couldn't be happier for you.

I love watching Steven Raichlen`s shows... I am wondering long term if this will make demand increase and thus increase the price. Time will tell....

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Higher production numbers usually lowers the unit cost since fixed overhead is spread over an increased number of units, doesn't it?

I love watching Steven Raichlen`s shows... I am wondering long term if this will make demand increase and thus increase the price. Time will tell....

Higher production numbers usually lowers the unit cost since fixed overhead is spread over an increased number of units, doesn't it?

Rumor has it. That's on the production (or cost) side of the equation. However, on the price side, increased demand leads to a higher price if production is running at full capacity. Taken together, higher prices and lower unit costs leads to higher margins. Oh, HAPPY DAY! :lol:

Yes, I had been thinking about both of these possibilities. Higher demand usually equals higher prices, but more units sold means less margins are necessary......as a likely customer in the next year or so I am pretty nervous hahaha. I like how the way I state it keeps changing. :) my husband keeps asking me what size I want :)

Dennis, I hope you raise the profile of kamados with season 2.

After watching a few episodes of season 1, I think he leaves out a good bit of info needed to reproduce his excellent results. The type of info I have only learned here. For instance he uses the highest end brisket and says he cooks it to 195 F IT. No one here would do that. We would say start probing at 195 for tenderness. Pull when done. It is the lack of info like this that leads people to think BBQ is hard and they can't do it without buying the same expensive equipment he uses on his show.

I realize many of you will disagree with me, but that is my opinion.

B

In this case to increase the production dramatically, I will need to outsource the casting of the grill's bodies to Harbinson Walker.  This is very expensive but saves me from having to invest heavily to increase production especially if it is 3-4 times what we are doing now.  Just the space to cure and heat the grills would be very expensive.  Many items that we now produce in-house would be outsourced, and we would more or less just assemble carefully QC'ed outsourced components.  Regardless what happens the price will not go down. The grills are a great value, and if there is more profit at the end of the day, it's going into my pocket.. with a smile.  By outsourcing, we could easily expand and it would be much less work for and headache for me too.. BUT the additional expense of outsourcing could also make the grills more expensive.. For now, the prices are the same, and I prefer to live in the now..   (for now;-)  LOL

@Shuley - You're done for.  Once Rob starts with the "Resistance is Futile" its just a matter of time until you're drawn to the phone and you're talking to Dennis.  Then you're wiring money, Then you're (Im)patiently waiting for the boat to hit the shores and your KK to be delivered!  

Give it up young lady.  Just do it!  (I referenced a shoe company!)