Big News!

Rak73

Good morning everyone!

I've been a little quite on the forum the past couple of months, but that doesnt mean I havent been thinking of my friends here :)

I've been really focused on a couple of projects.  Firstly, and most importantly, my health.  I'm please to share that since my heart attack on November 25th, I have lost almost 30lbs (through better eating and exercise) and yesterday I was able to run 5km without stopping!  Its a big deal ;)

My other project has been to help KJ roll out sales in Lowes stores.  I was asked to help conduct store product training for Lowes employees across Canada.  Since I quit my full time job after the attack (horrible job plus terrible manager which had a negative impact on my personal health and family life), I had nothing but time on my hands, so I agreed!  I mean really, think about it, Bobby was going to pay me to talk about BBQ! LOL  

Well, one thing led to another and....Please meet your new Director, Sales (Canada) for Kamado Joe!

After 17 years in the recruitment industry (including owning my own firm), I have an opportunity to be involved in a company and product that I am passionate about. I had the chance to meet with Bobby and the folks at Kamado Joe at their location last week and was even more impressed by the team, the facilities and dedication to make a great product even better. Its not often in life you get to do something you are really excited about, this is one of those opportunities.

I'm really looking forward to introducing and expanding the Canadian market to Kamado Joe. Personally, this new chapter in my career is all about having fun and doing what I love....life is too short my friends, live it! 

I know there are lots of Canadians on this site and I would love to hear from you, please DM me!  I will be traveling across the country a fair bit and would love to hear your ideas and get to know you.

Thanks,

Rak

smile emotico

Outstanding  on several fronts Rak. First of course is your health. Without that, you have nothing. Second is the great news about your new employer and job. Not many of us get to work with whatever our passion may be and for those of us who do, nothing could be better. Congrats all the way around.

First as has been already said congratulations on your improved condition of health. Also congratulations on getting to do a job that your passionate about and getting to do what you really love to do on a daily basis. You're getting to live the dream as they say, not too many get a job in the field that they are truly passionate about.