bosco's smoked shepherds pie sliders

Last month I came up with an idea to do stuffed potato tacos and then I saw something really cool on Facebook and thought that it looked like a great idea.  I decided to give it a try today.

I started out with my basic recipe for shepherds pie filling and I love adding Guinness to thicken everything up!

sautéed onions and garlic with some EVOO and then added some lean beaf, mixed in a cup of beer stock and then stirred in a can of Guinness as the beef browned.  I tossed in some thyme, oregano, salt and pepper and a some peas and carrots.  Also used a bit of flour to thicken everything up.  

I prepared the potatoes in the microwave and used almond milk for the mashed potato.  They were a bit runny because I couldn't use whole milk or butter due to his allergy.  

Anyways once assembled they went onto the 23" KK at 425 degrees for 15 min.  Hit them with some white oak and the potatoes drew in the smoke nice!  

These things are awesome to make and better than a full shepherds pie.  I can freeze them and defrost one at a time as my wife hates shepherds pie.  

Very pleased with this turn out overall.  I need to work on my mash with non dairy ingredients

_DSC1854.jpg

_DSC1856.jpg

_DSC1857.jpg

_DSC1859.jpg

_DSC1864.jpg

_DSC1867.jpg

_DSC1872.jpg

_DSC1873.jpg

_DSC1874.jpg

_DSC1877.jpg

Bosco - very nice cook! That's what I call comfort food … my dear Mom used to cook those for us on cold winter evenings! Sans the Guinness of course! I really like the plated X-Section shot. Very nicely done. I'm betting those were quite tasty. Congrats and kudos on a nice cook!