Canada - New Pit Boss, heat deflector

Qwerty7183

I just bought a new PB K24 from Costco 2 days ago.  I tought it would be easier to find a suitable heat deflector (... and affordable).  The original one is about 136$can (with shipping).  I was looking at all the other topics related to the heat deflector, and it seems that the original one is not really appreciated.  The problem is, most of the replacement solutions are from items are from the US or UK, but I can't find these items in Canada.  I was looking for for the Vision XL spider (or any other spider), or even for the Saffire multi levels, but there's none on amazon.ca, homedepot.ca, ... I can't find any other solution.   The Ceramic Grill Store, that most people are talking about, says on his website that they can deliver to Canada (+ some fees), but when I try to order, the only country available is US.

I would like to have some help, or some other ideas available in Canada, instead of ordering the expensive original Pit Boss Heat Deflector!!!

I just bought a new PB K24 from Costco 2 days ago.  I tought it would be easier to find a suitable heat deflector (... and affordable).  The original one is about 136$can (with shipping).  I was looking at all the other topics related to the heat deflector, and it seems that the original one is not really appreciated.  The problem is, most of the replacement solutions are from items are from the US or UK, but I can't find these items in Canada.  I was looking for for the Vision XL spider (or any other spider), or even for the Saffire multi levels, but there's none on amazon.ca, homedepot.ca, ... I can't find any other solution.   The Ceramic Grill Store, that most people are talking about, says on his website that they can deliver to Canada (+ some fees), but when I try to order, the only country available is US.

I would like to have some help, or some other ideas available in Canada, instead of ordering the expensive original Pit Boss Heat Deflector!!!

Take a look at this thread:

http://www.kamadoguru.com/topic/28022-another-possible-heat-deflector-solution/

https://www.amazon.ca/Paella-15-Inch-Carbon-Steel-Pan/dp/B000QYKK3W/ref=sr_1_3?s=kitchen-substore&ie=UTF8&qid=1462992087&sr=1-3&keywords=paella+pan

https://www.amazon.ca/Paella-15-Inch-Carbon-Steel-Pan/dp/B000QYKK3W/ref=sr_1_3?s=kitchen-substore&ie=UTF8&qid=1462992087&sr=1-3&keywords=paella+pan

It seems a good and cheap solution, but when you put the grill on it, is it still stable?  Also, is there any other hanger (spider, ...) available in Canada so I would be able to use half deflector?

It seems a good and cheap solution, but when you put the grill on it, is it still stable?  Also, is there any other hanger (spider, ...) available in Canada so I would be able to use half deflector?

In this photo, the main grill is stable because it sits on the rim of the paella pan (the handles of the pan are slightly below the rim).  I don't know if that is the case with all paella pans.

post-11354-0-81249800-1462994637_thumb.j

I don't have a good answer for a half deflector below the main grill, but you could always put a half ceramic deflector on the main grill in the back and indirect cook on the upper grill above it:

https://www.amazon.ca/Kamado-Half-Deflector-Plates-Classic/dp/B00MV9YRKM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1462994200&sr=8-1&keywords=kamado+joe+half+moon

or

https://www.amazon.ca/Kamado-Kj-hcigriddle-Classic-Reversible-Griddle/dp/B0184KF0QQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1462995179&sr=8-3&keywords=kamado+joe+half+moon

Call or email CGS. They recently updated their website and it is still buggy. I am sure there is no reason they wouldn't ship to Canada. Also, they said they are going to make a spider specifically for the Pit Boss which should be announced in another week or two. The vision XL version I ordered needs to be cut to fit, so unless you are in a hurry, I would suggest waiting for the CGS spider.

Call or email CGS. They recently updated their website and it is still buggy. I am sure there is no reason they wouldn't ship to Canada. Also, they said they are going to make a spider specifically for the Pit Boss which should be announced in another week or two. The vision XL version I ordered needs to be cut to fit, so unless you are in a hurry, I would suggest waiting for the CGS spider.

CGS shipping to Canada:

https://ceramicgrillstore.com/pages/international-orders

CGS shipping to Canada:

https://ceramicgrillstore.com/pages/international-orders

Thanks.  I already contacted them by email (two days ago)... still no answer.  I know (by reading other posts) that CGS might create a spider specifically for the PB, if that's the case, I will wait till it's out.

I've had the same problem in the UK.

As a temporary option, I am using a smaller heat defelctor on the bottom grate of the Pit Boss. I've also got a paella pan on order, whilst I'm waiting for a bracket it be fabricated to hold some kiln shelves to act as a deflector.

The paella pan does the job very well. I put a quarry tile in the bottom and a drip tray on top. Not much money spent RESULT !

I just bought Kiln shelves for £22 or  $40 canadian

then I made a steel triangle with about inch uplift to fit on the cutouts of firebox and it works perfect I bought 16.5 inch half round kiln shelves and they fit perfect

Do you have a picture? I would appreciate (I'm visual).  Tks