"Thanking God for my fingers"

Woke up this morning to a beautiful sunrise; all red, orange, and turquoise. Went for an 8 mile walk with my wife  through the hills around our home. Went to breakfast at a local place where Viola the waitress knows  our names and will ask me if my leg is broken, if I ask for a refill on my coffee. I have no doubt, however, that she would fight an attacker to the death, if I was accosted in her presence. Such is lite in a small town. Had delicious huveos rancheros with a beautiful serrano chili sauce.  Watched some of the golf tournament, and fell asleep in my chair. Planted some verbena on the back property. Cooked some pecan  smoked pork chops, grilled apples, and proscuitto wrapped asparagus for dinner. During the cook Paul Simon came on the play mix singing about playing his guitar and thanking God for his fingers. Got to say, I did the same, along with thanks for a beautiful day. Beautiful red streaks in the sky as I shut down the Egg. 

Smoked Chops with roasted garlic, herbs, and fresh sage, roasted heirloom tomatoes, with proscuitto wrapped asparagus.

post-3401-0-50168000-1463194160_thumb.jp