Sign in to follow this  
Magpie2000k

Mousaka Kamado project

This is my plan for the weekend.

First slow cook a joint of lamb Low and slow Basted in rosemary and arlic oil I will make tonight in advance so the oil realy takes on the flavours.

Once lamb is nearly done I am going to add slices of aubergine to the grill brushed with the marinade.

I am going to pull apart the meat as finely as will go and make the sauce with this instead of mince.

Finally I will layer the mousaka in a dish and bake in the oven at circa 160c for an hour and half.

If I can figure out a safe way to make the white sauce on the kamado I will that way it will be 100% Kamado cooked.

Serve with a greek saled fets and tzatsiki

And If I have time I might make a loaf of bread to go with it before I start on the lamb (again in Kamado)

Any one think ive caught some wierd bug?

K ville I don't know yet as its this weekends project just threw it on here as someone might have thrown a few ideas back at me. I will post an update with pics to the thread at weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my plan for the weekend.

First slow cook a joint of lamb Low and slow Basted in rosemary and arlic oil I will make tonight in advance so the oil realy takes on the flavours.

Once lamb is nearly done I am going to add slices of aubergine to the grill brushed with the marinade.

I am going to pull apart the meat as finely as will go and make the sauce with this instead of mince.

Finally I will layer the mousaka in a dish and bake in the oven at circa 160c for an hour and half.

If I can figure out a safe way to make the white sauce on the kamado I will that way it will be 100% Kamado cooked.

Serve with a greek saled fets and tzatsiki

And If I have time I might make a loaf of bread to go with it before I start on the lamb (again in Kamado)

Any one think ive caught some wierd bug?

The kamado big sure is a weird one, isn't it? This sounds like an awesome plan!