2 turkey tenderloins

I went to King Kullen and they had a bunch of turkey tenderloins on sale as managers special because the expiration was approaching. I have bought these before and I like them especially on sale.There are 2 pieces in every pack. One of them I just sprinkled a bit of paprika on for some color. The other one I covered in a sweet bbq rub from costco. I set my KJ classic up for indirect and let her stabilize at 325. I threw them both on and played with my son in the backyard for a while. I then inserted my maverick 733 probes, one into each.I pulled them both at an IT of 165 about 5 minutes apart from each other. They cut like butter and were very tender. My 4 year old little carnivore kept saying Daddy they smell so good are they ready yet. Once inside we ate them with some tater tots and veggie sticks. All and all a nice father son lunch with leftovers for mom. 

post-2084-0-37083600-1463515078_thumb.pn

post-2084-0-79655100-1463515756_thumb.jp

post-2084-0-46159700-1463515778_thumb.jp

post-2084-0-79817200-1463515873_thumb.jp

Wal mart and Kroger carry this cut, either butterball or Jenny-O, where I live. I thought about getting a pack but then remembered the tendon running down a chicken breast tender, do these have that tendon running down them? I've been wanting to cook some turkey here recently, I love that stuff!

Those look great! Sounds like a great afternoon with the little one, he sounds like my 7 year old... "Dad, when is it gonna be done?!?" He still hasn't learn that BBQ takes a little time.

Wal mart and Kroger carry this cut, either butterball or Jenny-O, where I live. I thought about getting a pack but then remembered the tendon running down a chicken breast tender, do these have that tendon running down them? I've been wanting to cook some turkey here recently, I love that stuff!

Those look great! Sounds like a great afternoon with the little one, he sounds like my 7 year old... "Dad, when is it gonna be done?!?" He still hasn't learn that BBQ takes a little time.

This does not have that tendon piece. I don't buy chicken tenderloins because of that. 

This does not have that tendon piece. I don't buy chicken tenderloins because of that.

I find them to be ok if deep frying but for anything else I remove it. A paring knife and a paper towel are a great help in getting rid of that chewy sucker.