Favorite Grill Accessory/Gadget

SOOBYDOO

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to Kamado cooking, but I'm loving my Classic Joe and have used it every chance I get. As of now I have the cast iron half moon griddle, which has been my go to accessory for everything from burgers, steaks, to a full blown country style breakfast, and the pizza stone which I haven't had a chance to use as of now. Gadget wise all I have is the Maverick 732 which has been good but I haven't completely figured out all the controls and most likely not using it to it's full potential.

So, my question to the veterans here is what are your most used or favorite accessories for your Joe? Is there a certain item you regret purchasing because you don't use it often, if at all, or things you found to be lacking or poorly designed and ineffective? Let me know!

I look forward to getting to know y'all and sharing some tasty food!

I'll definitely look into the Grill Grates, seems like a solid product. As for the Joetisserie, that is definitely on my wishlist. I'm a huge fan of Gyros so I would love to be able to spin some up of my own! I don't think I've seen anyone post a Gyro cook yet on here (I've been a lurker for some time now). I was planning on asking the wife for it as a birthday or Christmas present, but I doubt I can wait that long!

So, my question to the veterans here is what are your most used or favorite accessories for your Joe?

Is there a certain item you regret purchasing because you don't use it often, if at all, or things you found to be lacking or poorly designed and ineffective? Let me know!

Favorite for classic:

1/2 moon c.i. Griddle that you have, joetisserie, Thermapen (good, reliable instant read therm), Maverick (or good reliable remote meat temp sensor) 10" & 12" cast iron pans.

Regret buying:

Grill grates. I have them for my junior and classic, bought them during the rush when everyone here was buying then and there was a discount code. There are claims of "semi-indirect cooking" "juices sizzling on the grill grates and enhancing flavor" but truth be told, I find that they don't add any flavor and never found any value in semi-indirect cooking.

They are a pain to clean and come with that big, foolish looking spatula that you have to store. I see now that you can buy a custom grill brush for them.

Some people love them but imo, they are a waste of money, I'd recommend putting the $$ toward something more useful that you would use more frequently.

-KickAsh Basket is #1.  It lets me utilize the smaller bits of charcoal I would otherwise have to waste.

-TWO griddles.  Nothing like having enough space to do 8-10 smashburgers at once.

-Smokeware top vent (or you can wait for the new KJ one)

-Thermapen 

-Maverick wireless thermometers

-Flameboss 200.  While this is NOT necessary, it is a great way to be able to accomplish many tasks during the day and also overnight cook with confidence.  Heck I had to leave the KJ cooking for an emergency store run and was able to check on the cook while at Costco

-Good high temp gloves

-Big paella pan

-Pizza peel way bigger than the stone (hence bigger than the pizza, too)

Welcome to the ADDICTION Soobydoo

IMO these are a must

1) welding gloves

2) set of BBQ tools

3) Thermal pen thermometer

4)  internal temp thermometer with wireless receiver 

5) Kick Ash Basket

6) Cast Iron Griddle

7)Grill extender

My favorite gadget that I use exclusively now is the Thermopop thermometer by Thermoworks.  $29.  Best bang for the buck in the instant read thermometer market.  

The only other accessories I use these days are a set of Weber "Style" tongs and spatula.  I don't think you need anything else :)