Lump Charcoal on Sale

Royal Oak 15.44 LB bag is on sale today only at Homedepot for $7.88+tax if anyone interested

also heard Costco is going to have a coupon 

Kingsford All Natural Competition Charcoal Briquets 2/18 lb bags $17.49

Instant Savings: -$4.30 = $13.19

Royal Oak 15.44 LB bag is on sale today only at Homedepot for $7.88+tax if anyone interested

thank you for posting this, i was in need.  Ben was kind enough to send me a message and i just grabbed 15 bags.  might go back for another 10, doesnt go bad and wont go to waste.

thank you for posting this, i was in need. Ben was kind enough to send me a message and i just grabbed 15 bags. might go back for another 10, doesnt go bad and wont go to waste.

Buy the whole pallet!!!

thank you for posting this, i was in need. Ben was kind enough to send me a message and i just grabbed 15 bags. might go back for another 10, doesnt go bad and wont go to waste.

Buy the whole pallet!!!

i would but it wont fit in my car lol

Buy the whole pallet!!!

Buy a new car :-D

Buy the whole pallet!!!

Buy a new car :-D

Smart man.

which one is better to use in Kamado?

Royal Oak Lump or  All Natural Competition Charcoal Briquets??

Good question.  I'd say 99% of us use lump charcoal.  With that said though... those that have tried Kingsford Competition, have seemed to be pretty happy with it.

I guess there's only 1 way for you to really find out, eh? ;)

Royal Oak Lump or All Natural Competition Charcoal Briquets??

Good question. I'd say 99% of us use lump charcoal. With that said though... those that have tried Kingsford Competition, have seemed to be pretty happy with it.

Well... Depending on methodology of a head-to-head comparison of the two styles of coal, there are many factors to contribute to the scientifical trategery with which you combust the two fuels. Would need to do a low and slow burn set of tests, a high heat sear, perhaps a sustained high heat cook of some pizzas. The trials and tribulations of comparative analytics will haunt us to the last ember goes black. Oops... Sorry, I'm in the wrong thread. Sorry Mod's, this might need moved wherever the chit-storm fact vs fiction discussion is at. Knock, knock. Who's there?

Royal Oak is a really good product at a really decent price. It's not top of the line lump, but for the price, I'll take it over most others in that price pioint. I've yet to try the Kingsford Comp version, but imagine it would be good too. I've burned my way through an insane amount of Kingsford Blue.

Royal Oak Lump or All Natural Competition Charcoal Briquets??

Good question. I'd say 99% of us use lump charcoal. With that said though... those that have tried Kingsford Competition, have seemed to be pretty happy with it.

Well... Depending on methodology of a head-to-head comparison of the two styles of coal, there are many factors to contribute to the scientifical trategery with which you combust the two fuels. Would need to do a low and slow burn set of tests, a high heat sear, perhaps a sustained high heat cook of some pizzas. The trials and tribulations of comparative analytics will haunt us to the last ember goes black. . 

You make a really good point... in fact, some dude named meathead just released a new book.  Pretty sure he discusses fuel from a scientific standpoint... may be worth checking into. :banghead: