My kamado big joe + jr table build

CakeM1x

Finally got around to building a table for my big joe + jr. I have been waiting til the weather was nicer so we could park outside and not be annoyed. I build it out of cedar with a lot of pocket screws and glue. Here is a link to the album since images from google photos don't work here and are to big to upload.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOXiNRVq1h3Kh18lBU6_hbgWyYAwvjzrG7uzpdY28_LK5xWWvu6Kjo98f8K2ocifQ?key=WFhaWUVWdVN2NEJUS1ZXNHdzcEUyU3Y0U2ZQV3Jn

Thanks guys. Now I can just need figure out where I want to put the hooks,bottle opener, possible torch holder and maybe an umbrella brace for those rain/snow days. Going to put in the cover order this weekend so it will hopefully arrive before the varnish finishes curing(giving it about a month). Going to need to fabricate an ash chute as well.

Great job! Cover order? You can order custom covers?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

This lady does great work from what I've heard/read. Send her and email at Vinylcoverings@aol.com.This is her website http://www.vinylcoveringsbymel.com/index.html.  I'llbe putting my order in on Sunday. Price is reasonable too which was surprising to me. sq footage wise its cheaper than any cover I've bought. 

Or if you want I can order mine and let you know the quality when it arrives. Just let me know via pm.

This is a great looking table. Being a bit of a woodworker myself, I have to ask though... why pocket screws?

For such a great looking piece using pocket screws over mortise and tenon feels a bit like building a Ferrari but putting it together with rivets instead of welds.

I'm seriously concerned about how this joinery will hold up.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk