Can anyone guess what this is?

DerHusker

Camper?

Wow! Didn't think it would come out so quickly. This is the front view of a 1952-54 Kom-Pak camper with the 12' boat on top and is one of the latest projects my brother is restoring.

Good job Ben! :good:

Here are some more pics.

post-254-0-77195100-1463924923_thumb.jpg

post-254-0-45818700-1463924932_thumb.jpg

post-254-0-79644500-1463924967_thumb.jpg

post-254-0-67471300-1463924976_thumb.jpg

post-254-0-45471600-1463924980_thumb.jpg

This is going to look awesome being towed behind the 56 Nomad he is also restoring.

An eyesore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that was true when he first bought it but it's really coming together now and will look awesome when he's done.

This is not his, and is just a picture off of the internet, but it looked something like this when he first brought it home.

vintage-trailer-junk-yard-10.jpg

Dang Husker, that's the coolest thing be seen in a long time! With boat integrated into the top of the camper like that? Awesome. The streamlined shape of the boat, as designed for the water, makes for a streamlined look (and aerodynamics) when it's mounted to the top of the camper. Is the camper fiberglass or metal(aluminum?). The back bumper and tail-lights? TOO flipping COOL! Already looks fantastic, but I'd love to see it when he's totally done. Will be a real showstopper.

Very cool!

Not for the claustrophobic though.

I thought so as well. Yes it's tight inside but not quite as tight as some of the more common Tear-Drop trailers I've seen. (Sorry no pics of the inside at this time)

Dang Husker, that's the coolest thing be seen in a long time! With boat integrated into the top of the camper like that? Awesome. The streamlined shape of the boat, as designed for the water, makes for a streamlined look (and aerodynamics) when it's mounted to the top of the camper. Is the camper fiberglass or metal(aluminum?). The back bumper and tail-lights? TOO flipping COOL! Already looks fantastic, but I'd love to see it when he's totally done. Will be a real showstopper.

My brother thanks you Jayhawk. The boat comes off and then there is a metal rod system to hold up a canvas top. The trailer body is fiberglass and was made to resemble a 52 Ford Ranch Wagon which would be the idea car to pull it. Since he was already restoring a 56 Chevy Nomad that will be how he pulls it. Here are some more pictures off of the internet to see more about this interesting trailer.

1952_Ford_Ranchwagon_with_Kom_Pak_Traile

1952_Ford_Ranchwagon_with_Kom_Pak_Traile

kom-pac-inside.jpg