Subway pulled pork sandwich ad

Rob_grill_apprentice

Has anyone seen the Subway commercial for their pulled pork sandwich? In the commercial one fellow is opening up Akron (char-griller) and says it will be another 5 hours for por will be ready, eventually they both go to subway for their pulled pork sandwich voice says why wait 5 hours when you can have it now.

Has anyone seen the Subway commercial for their pulled pork sandwich? In the commercial one fellow is opening up Akron (char-griller) and says it will be another 5 hours for por will be ready, eventually they both go to subway for their pulled pork sandwich voice says why wait 5 hours when you can have it now.

That idea dies pretty quick after your first bite.

I have no intention on trying because my pulled pork was better than what I had at a chain specializing in bbq. Their pulled pork was dry Could barely taste the smoke. Their corn bread was even dry. My recipe I use for corn bread from crust and crumb was 10 times better. I even had tried a Safeway pulled pork sandwich and it was ok. I get the pre-seasoned shoulder from Costco and roast at 250-300 on my Kamado using sugar maple wood chunks and have been very happy with the flavour profile.

Interesting thing about the Akorn i saw tonight... I was in Barnes and Noble.. i was thumbing through Myron Mixon's new book.  The page that discusses 'ceramic' cookers near the beginning of the book has an outline drawing of a grill that looks identical in every way to the Akorn... not a ceramic kamado... lol

I'm sort of weird about eating out. If I go to a seafood restaurant I won't order a steak meal. If I go to a Chinese buffet I won't get a piece of pizza or fried chicken off the buffet. If I go to Subway I'm fairly confident I won't be ordering BBQ.

For that matter the only time I go to subway is every once in a while when I don't have leftovers to eat for lunch at work. And I only go to Subway because my lunch options where I work are very limited.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I'm sort of weird about eating out. If I go to a seafood restaurant I won't order a steak meal. If I go to a Chinese buffet I won't get a piece of pizza or fried chicken off the buffet. If I go to Subway I'm fairly confident I won't be ordering BBQ.

For that matter the only time I go to subway is every once in a while when I don't have leftovers to eat for lunch at work. And I only go to Subway because my lunch options where I work are very limited.

Pulled pork would never be my first choice for a sandwich at Subway. I only go there for lunch. Hockey puck electric smoked pulled pork just doesn't say yum, yum.

I am shocked a Chinese buffet would have pizza!!!!

While our niece was finishing up her Masters in Dietetics she shared these charts with us.

There is a ton of sodium in there food!!!

Not to mention the rest of the harmful items that will kill you.

Even the veggie has sodium!

Their regular meats and combos are just as bad!  

Feel free to research more.

post-366-0-09937000-1464294649.png

post-366-0-29881300-1464295086.png

We no longer eat at Subway!

I am shocked a Chinese buffet would have pizza!!!!
If Chinese had pizza it would be for kids i would think

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I had the Subway Pulled Pork a while back, and thought that is was pretty decent. It was better than some I have had a BBQ joints. Haters gonn'a hate, but my guess is they have never even tried it! Just like these Steakhouse haters who swear they can cook a better steak than Ruth's Chris or Mortons......most of them have never even been to one.

I had the Subway Pulled Pork a while back, and that is was pretty decent. It was better than some I have had a BBQ joints. Haters gonn'a hate, but my guess is they have never even tried it! Just like these Steakhouse haters who swear they can cook a better steak than Ruth's Chris or Mortons......most of them have never even been to one.

At $150 - $200 a plate, most us can't afford Ruth Chris.