High heat in a hurry

So my wife and I wanted to do a quick steak cook because we had limited time. While she salted the rib steak I went to get the grill ready. I used my map torch to light several areas to help me reach high searing Temps quickly. I know I've seen people blow air in the bottom vent to speed things up. Once my dome was closed I broke out my air mattress inflator and by putting on a lawn chair it aims right into my bottom vent. This had the desired effect of seriously speeding up my climb to temp. These were thin rib steaks so I just direct grilled instead of reverse searing.  Like i said this was a quick cook so we just plared it with mac and cheese.  The steaks came out great but my question is do you guys think heating up the grill to quickly will have a negative effect in the long run. 

post-2084-0-02154900-1464339122_thumb.jp

post-2084-0-24916700-1464339133_thumb.jp

post-2084-0-84962500-1464339145_thumb.jp

post-2084-0-23517900-1464339210_thumb.jp

Only if its really cold outside.  I used to be in more of a rush to get the grill up to temp because my timing was constantly off.  I just start the grill earlier and things are less stressful.  You're good though, no different than a fancy fan in the lower vent.

Oh no! this is going to "spark" the debates frequently seen on automotive web sites; Naturally Aspirated vs Turbo Charged vs Super Charged. 

Hopefully it won't expand into Carburated vs Fuel Injected, and wheel camber on the cart to enhance cornering characteristics  ;)

Oh no! this is going to "spark" the debates frequently seen on automotive web sites; Naturally Aspirated vs Turbo Charged vs Super Charged. 

Hopefully it won't expand into Carburated vs Fuel Injected, and wheel camber on the cart to enhance cornering characteristics   ;)

Do you use light, or dark oil in your blinker fluid?   B)

Hopefully it won't expand into Carburated vs Fuel Injected, and wheel camber on the cart to enhance cornering characteristics   ;)

Do you use light, or dark oil in your blinker fluid?   B)

As everyone knows, an Isotonic Non-Newtonian fluid of refined Ambergris provides the most regulated blink rate, with the least spectral absorption in the optical pass-band of 580 nanometers, which is, of course the spectral line closest to yellow used by turn signals... duh!

But what about the muffler bearings?

And that pretty much exhausts the topic... 

Unless you want to discuss merits of the various versions of hamaphores, but that's really going off topic.