Sign in to follow this  
Sierra119

CA Newbie

Hello everyone:

My name is John and I am about to retire from the Southern California rat race of clogged freeways and GAS grills and move to the Midwest. While the weather may not be the warmest, the people certainly are, and the beef and pork are plentiful !!!!!

I have been wanting to take the plunge on a Kamado for some time, but found it difficult to find the time for a " low and slow " lifestyle. That will change soon and while doing my research for a Kamado, I came across Johns videos (and this forum). I have found them both extremely informative and entertaining.

As of now, I'm leaning towards the Akorn, but I tend to get into "kid in a candy store" mode when in my local BBQ outlet. My wife has a way of snapping me out of it though. Funny how that happens.

I look forward to learning a lot from you guys. Thanks for having here.

Welcome aboard. Lots of folks here who love to share lots of know-how.

A move from SoCal to Nebraska sounds like quite a lifestyle change. Low-n-slow is a great way to go.

Hi John! Hey, come on out here to Oklahoma! Heck, most of you Cali types have Okie blood in you anyway, you might as well come join us here in America's heartland. We've got great football, the OU Sooners, great basketball, The OKC Thunder, stunningly warm weather, it was 58* here today, and we have a great support system for guys like us when it comes to BBQ! Housing prices are wonderful! This commercial was brought to you the the Oklahoma State Chamber of Commerce Permanent Committee on BarBeeQue!

Greetings and welcome to the forum. I don't think you will go wrong with just about any style of kamado just do you homework so you have an idea of what you are in for.

Irvin F.

King Griller w/Auber PID