• Similar Content

• By Churchill Fan
      For those of you using the cast iron or soapstone cooking surface on your KJ, do you use a half-moon or full-moon? That is to say, to you make a complete flat top or just a half? 

Just curious as to what the prevailing custom is. Thanks!

• By DiannaDZ
      Just purchased a 12 inch Lodge cast iron skillet at Home Depot for $19.99.  Pretty good price, 2 Handle so it should fit in most kamado type grills.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Lodge-Cast-Iron-Frying-Pan-L10SKL/302283848

• By HokieOC
      I have the cast iron griddle for my KJ and have used it on the top position.  I'd like to try steaks seared on the lower position, or pork chops like in John's new video.  But with CI, especially at high searing temps, wouldn't not only the temp but proximity to the fire burn the seasoning off?
    • By Marty
      I found this interesting.Please disregard if already posted.

• By Brad45
      Hi All,

I just purchased an Akorn. As I am working to season the cast iron cooking grate, I am finding that it is very rough. Almost the consistency of 40 grit sandpaper. When I rubbed on the oil for the seasoning process it shredded both paper towels and a terry cloth rag. It almost seemed to tear apart the aluminum foil I used to clean up after the first cook.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and do you have tricks/tips to correct it?

Thanks, Brad