Personal attacks and insults

My guess is it happened recently or John wouldn't have to be posting this.

It's a shame but it only takes a few people posting stuff like John warned against to get others worked up and things escalate pretty quickly. I suspect the thread posted asking for opinions on which Kamado is the best one to buy probably has something to do with it.

;-)

I don't take issue with this, I think it's more than fair. I'm not sure why people get online and forget how to have a polite conversation. Being passionate is one thing, enjoying a good troll is another and often goes too far.

That is the thing if two people are both passionate and it is not over some fact that can be verified then the emotions can get to boiling--at that point it is so tempting for one of the parties to hit the button and stand back.

I don't take issue with this, I think it's more than fair. I'm not sure why people get online and forget how to have a polite conversation. Being passionate is one thing, enjoying a good troll is another and often goes too far.

That is the thing if two people are both passionate and it is not over some fact that can be verified then the emotions can get to boiling--at that point it is so tempting for one of the parties to hit the button and stand back.

Most definitely, and those types usually have to have the final word.

Most definitely, and those types usually have to have the final word.

Absolutely!! Please post again i do not want to be the last to post. I am just agreeing ---yes--- the last post is a must have for a certain kind of person. In real life I just end up walking away.

I 100% agree about being polite and respecting each other.

As all have said that is what makes this site so good. Nice people, a vast collective of combined knowledge , and fast response on almost any specific question. People can cook on this site.

I am many years ahead of where i would be with out this site. In  fact i may have given up with my Akorn and written off the Kamado out of lack of knowing better.

I must have missed something. Not sure what happened but I have to say this is one of the most inviting forums I have ever used. Seriously, this is by far one of the friendliest places on the net. So thanks to John and all the mods at kamadoguru for keeping this a great inviting place. I may not post tons but I do read this forum on a daily basis. I have learned a lot. So thanks everyone for posting your fantastic cooks as I have learned alot about kamado cooking and cooking in general.

Rusty, over the weekend a couple folks got a bit fired up over markdowns and bacon iirc. This forum is 99.99999999 percent inviting and informative. John is just restating the obvious, that we should be respectful adults here. Unfortunate he needs to spell it out, but kudos to him for making it clear for everyone. We can always have a disagreement without resorting to bashing or name calling.

I must have missed something. Not sure what happened but I have to say this is one of the most inviting forums I have ever used. Seriously, this is by far one of the friendliest places on the net. So thanks to John and all the mods at kamadoguru for keeping this a great inviting place. I may not post tons but I do read this forum on a daily basis. I have learned a lot. So thanks everyone for posting your fantastic cooks as I have learned alot about kamado cooking and cooking in general.

Yup^^^

Couldn't agree more...   reading, learning and sharing has been as addictive as the cooking!