Kamado Joe Elite or Platimum

Charcoal Addict

I think CC hid it dead on.

Sales are the life blood. Then the ability to deliver quickly and cheaply. A reliable supply line is essential as is quality control.

Look at the process it has been to bring the D&C and split diffusers to market. The Big Joetisseri is still being reworked. People were dying to buy and there was nothing to sell at one point. Of course the port strike did not help. People were holding back on buying the old models because the wanted the new D&C models.

KJ is a top quality product with real advantage and at this point acquiring market share and presence all over the country is what they need.

People want the assurance of a local dealer and they want to be able to touch the item in person. I got to compare the BGE XL and the Big Joe side by side and chose the BJ. The person loading my car also preferred the BJ or so he said.

Down the  road--- designing a refractory cement affordable Kamado with a single glaze finish that is just a bit more above the standard line may fit ---once the expansion is complete and money is securely flowing in.

Then there is the fact that most people do not GET the Kamado. At some point--- some day ---there will be a tipping point and a huge amount of people will want one. When I talk to people at Sam's about the Vision---they just do not believe me. It sounds to them like i am crazy. Before the Akorn I would have been one of them.

Bringing product into existence is expensive and it has to be right or there goes your reputation. I think that is where the fun is but fun does not pay the bills.

Sales are the life blood. Then the ability to deliver quickly and cheaply. A reliable supply line is essential as is quality control.

Look at the process it has been to bring the D&C and split diffusers to market. The Big Joetisseri is still being reworked. People were dying to buy and there was nothing to sell at one point. Of course the port strike did not help. People were holding back on buying the old models because the wanted the new D&C models.

KJ is a top quality product with real advantage and at this point acquiring market share and presence all over the country is what they need.

People want the assurance of a local dealer and they want to be able to touch the item in person. I got to compare the BGE XL and the Big Joe side by side and chose the BJ. The person loading my car also preferred the BJ or so he said.

Down the  road--- designing a refractory cement affordable Kamado with a single glaze finish that is just a bit more above the standard line may fit ---once the expansion is complete and money is securely flowing in.

Then there is the fact that most people do not GET the Kamado. At some point--- some day ---there will be a tipping point and a huge amount of people will want one. When I talk to people at Sam's about the Vision---they just do not believe me. It sounds to them like i am crazy. Before the Akorn I would have been one of them.

Bringing product into existence is expensive and it has to be right or there goes your reputation. I think that is where the fun is but fun does not pay the bills.

The business objective with a Refractory Elite KJ would be to maximize the revenue with people who would have spent another $1000 dollars on a step up model. It's a product for the top 10% of your customers. It's a far more practical than the ProJoe which is a luxury item for the one percenters of the world.

I never intended this to be something KJ would do right away. I wanted to put a bug in KJ's ear. This would be something they would consider after they have finished establishing their brand and channel partner network. This is an idea for 2021 rather than 2016.

The business objective with a Refractory Elite KJ would be to maximize the revenue with people who would have spent another $1000 dollars on a step up model. It's a product for the top 10% of your customers. It's a far more practical than the ProJoe which is a luxury item for the one percenters of the world.

I never intended this to be something KJ would do right away. I wanted to put a bug in KJ's ear. This would be something they would consider after they have finished establishing their brand and channel partner network. This is an idea for 2021 rather than 2016.

I hear you CA.

I agree with you.

I want one.

• 2 weeks later...

Also, look at the business model. I.e. Southwest Airlines only flies one airplane in the fleet (Boeing 737). It greatly streamlines the maintenance process to not have a wide range of aircraft, and saves them money.

Then look at what KJ did. They ditched the black model to focus only on red. This streamlines their production, their warranty repair process, their inventory process, etc. In addition (possibly less or more important depending how you look at it) it solidifies their branding as the "red" kamado, much like BGE is the Green kamado. Vision and Pit Boss went with black, and KJ being red-only helps them stand out in the market.

KJ has to compete against lower-cost competition. To do that, streamlining their supply chain to reduce cost, and developing value-add differentiators like the D&C system and the JoeTisserie to increase the value proposition are huge. Spending the dollars right now to increase SKUs with a premium (but niche) product probably doesn't make a lot of sense. 

Is the ProJoe even produced anymore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

last I heard it is being redesigned with no known ETA to hit the market.
http://www.shopperschoice.com/item_item_2854886.html

Thanks. I assume the link showing the product as unavailable is to confirm what I said.

The ProJoe was still being produced when the Duck Dynasty millionare bought their Big Joe's. The point was a lot of millionares are cheap. Becuase someone is rich it doesn't mean they're going to spend money on high end products.