The BGE mini cooks

How did the tri-tip turn out? And how did you grill it?

I believe tri-tip is same as Maminha. I've got one in the fridge, so interested to get some tips.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Get some ciabatta bread. This cut of meat makes great sandwiches. I trim off all the hard fat on the bottom side. Bring the kamado up to 250. Season the cut as you wish. Cook indirect till desired temp. I cook till 135. Depending on the seasoning I will finish off with a high heat sear.

910c3ecdde1edde47e1f37696536f5fe.jpg

171e51b72b6cb0ce8c2aac6c1fa3728a.jpg

Little mini is heating up. I walked away from it for a little while. She went up 350 degrees. I didn't use any wood. My fuel of choice is Fogo charcoal. My platesetter was in. I opened it and set those chops inside and that brought my temp down to 260. Perfect. Little chops cooked in 10-13 mins

3b03bb1b582f6d76ffe8021467bb2f33.jpg

I pulled them off the cooker at 140 and gave them a quick sear

396214ee229eb80a1998ab497201f451.jpg.

They were delicious.

Get some ciabatta bread. This cut of meat makes great sandwiches. I trim off all the hard fat on the bottom side. Bring the kamado up to 250. Season the cut as you wish. Cook indirect till desired temp. I cook till 135. Depending on the seasoning I will finish off with a high heat sear.

I ended up doing mine a little different. I crossed the fatcap & gave the meat a pretty generous coting of coarse seasalt. Got the kamado upto 450F & put the meat on indirect, fatcap on top. Pulled at 130F & wrapped in foil to rest. Used a chunk of oak for little added smoke.

Thinly sliced against the grain.

So basically handled it like I did picanha. Worked out great.

I'll try your setup next time, going to be interesting comparison.

And definitely keep up the thread. Though I'm running different color, this has become one of my favorite threads. The beauty of kamados, all these fine examples are 100% compatible regardless of brand. Good stuff!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

DUDE!!!! Where are you finding all these eggcessories? I can't find a daisy wheel or plate setter anywhere. 

Here's my little guy doing work this past weekend, had some brats on while the large did 6lbs of chuck roast. 

20170521_134850.jpg

Table is getting reworked once I find some muscle to help me move the large into it to check for fitment.