The BGE mini cooks

I ended up doing mine a little different. I crossed the fatcap & gave the meat a pretty generous coting of coarse seasalt. Got the kamado upto 450F & put the meat on indirect, fatcap on top. Pulled at 130F & wrapped in foil to rest. Used a chunk of oak for little added smoke.

Thinly sliced against the grain.

So basically handled it like I did picanha. Worked out great.

I'll try your setup next time, going to be interesting comparison.

And definitely keep up the thread. Though I'm running different color, this has become one of my favorite threads. The beauty of kamados, all these fine examples are 100% compatible regardless of brand. Good stuff!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks jlindstrom !!! I will keep the thread going. I have another trip tip in the freezer. I will definitely try your style.

Keep that smoke rollin' !!

Some amazing looking cooks you've had with your Mini. It's amazing what you can do with a such a small cooker. I've got the MiniMax and that thing rocks. Keep on cooking. Your photo's have made me hungry.

I would love to have a mini max. I could fit a whole spatchcock chicken in it.

DUDE!!!! Where are you finding all these eggcessories? I can't find a daisy wheel or plate setter anywhere. 

I get all my eggssories through my local BBQ store.
Barbeque galore. They know me by name. You may be able to find it on their website !!

DUDE!!!! Where are you finding all these eggcessories? I can't find a daisy wheel or plate setter anywhere. 

Here's my little guy doing work this past weekend, had some brats on while the large did 6lbs of chuck roast. 

Table is getting reworked once I find some muscle to help me move the large into it to check for fitment. 

I will be doing a Chuck roast this weekend. I will definitely post pics!!!

I'll get to build two tables for the girls after we move !!

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, inkncraig said:

16c9c28aa1b01fd34650b1e7ba3125a4.jpg

For a 10" grate. Look at the food I got on here. A packet of potaoes, corn and the pork chop !!! A complete meal !!! This little mini cooks !!

Owning a mini myself - I can only say one thing. What sort of magician are you?  Lol.   Awesome cook on the little guy!

• 3 years later...