Santa Maria Style grills at Costco

Ross

Has anyone seen the Santa Maria-style grill at their local Costco, this season? I just saw one there, earlier today, and I really liked it a lot! 

It seems very sturdy and well made, and is selling for $299.00. I just don't have the time for a lot of entertaining, lately, but if I did do a lot of entertaining, man, I would be all over this grill. It looks like it would be loads of fun t cook on.

post-11-0-97014000-1465423725_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-44737100-1465423734_thumb.jpg

I don't need this.  I don't need this.  I don't need this.

Well, what happens if I need it in the future and regret not having snagged it at such a great price??

Will I be able to find it again locally and accomplish the immediate gratification I so love?

I've got storage space in the garage...I don't even need to uncrate it... 

It's only $299..the CFO can't complain all that much....

I've got a truck.  I can save shipping and/or pick up delivery fees...

Think about all the great cooks I could do and post here at KG...

I've always wanted to cook over a fire of pure wood embers and flame...

I'm getting ready to start my 18x14 outdoor kitchen; space won't be an issue...

I don't need this. I don't need this.  I don't need this.

To be continued???

I don't need this.  I don't need this.  I don't need this.

Well, what happens if I need it in the future and regret not having snagged it at such a great price??

Will I be able to find it again locally and accomplish the immediate gratification I so love?

I've got storage space in the garage...I don't even need to uncrate it... 

It's only $299..the CFO can't complain all that much....

I've got a truck.  I can save shipping and/or pick up delivery fees...

Think about all the great cooks I could do and post here at KG...

I've always wanted to cook over a fire of pure wood embers and flame...

I'm getting ready to start my 18x14 outdoor kitchen; space won't be an issue...

I don't need this. I don't need this.  I don't need this.

To be continued???

Do it, Jack.... just do it... come on, don't be a big chicken... Bawk, bawk, bawk... you know ya want it, you know ya gotta get it.... ha, ha, ha....

the one's at my Costco were all pre-built and ready to go... so easy...

Thanks, Ross.  I think. :roll:  :roll:

Jack!  Ross has absolutely no skin in your game.  Never forget that!  If all else fails, I've still got The Shed and you've always got a spot here at ChezChef with TheBeast and me!   :good:

Jack!  Ross has absolutely no skin in your game.  Never forget that!  If all else fails, I've still got The Shed and you've always got a spot here at ChezChef with TheBeast and me!   :good:

...Other than wanting to be a little middle school jackass!!  B)

...Other than wanting to be a little middle school jackass!!  B)

Just for the record, Ross is not a Middle School Jackass; he's graduated and is now a Junior in High School holding a 3.9 GPA.

We expect great things in the future from Ross.  Maybe even a run for Class President.  We LOVE Ross, We LOVE Ross, We LOVE Ross. 

Ross for PRESIDENT!!

Just for the record, Ross is not a Middle School Jackass; he's graduated and is now a Junior in High School holding a 3.9 GPA.

We expect great things in the future from Ross.  Maybe even a run for Class President.  We LOVE Ross, We LOVE Ross, We LOVE Ross. 

Ross for PRESIDENT!!

Thanks, Jack... I think...  :roll:

Dang, dang, dang.... I would love to get one of those for three bills!! Does anyone in KC area know if they have these? I've been intrigued with this style of gill for a while. I've stumbled onto the MFG website that makes these,and was under the impression they were at California Costo's. Looked like great quality build too. Best part for me is the "no assembly required" on these.

If I can't get one of these from Costco, I might have to spring for one of these from HomeDepot.com. I guess,they don't stock these in stores, but only offer them online? Has anyone seen these in person? $500 regular price... Probably free shipping, but then I would have to assemble it. I DO like the V-channel, back to front angled grill grates, diverting some of the drippings away from the flames, letting a small amount through. Guess that's supposed to be one of the useful aspects of the Argntenan style grills? I have seen those v-channel angled grates for sale that could easily be added to something like the flat ones at Costco.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/RiverGrille-Asador-67-in-x-27-in-Wood-and-Charcoal-Grill-CG2093901-RG/205875351

This is something I definitely want to get at some point, but not in a huge hurry. I'd love the simplicity of this Costco one, but could wat and maybe snag the Home Depot one on sale sometime. Would love to hear feedback and input from all the gurus that have used grills like this. Something abut the LOOK of them just really calls to me.