Smoked wings with indirect heat

I love smoked wings, especially when tgey have a really smoky flavor cooked into the meat, I have just never tried to do it myself on the KJ. Videos that I found on YouTube ranged anywhere from 45 minutes to 3 hours at 250-275, both while using the heat deflector plate. Thus, my confusion.

Looks fantastic. The ones I am doing tonight are rubbed in garlic salt and a chipotle & herb dry rub. Using hickory chunks with the coals for smoke that I love.

Doing the 1/2 direct, 1/2 indirect method you recommended above. I want to do full indirect heat smoke with both plates, but I don't want to sit here all night. Going to do 1/3 of the batch in Stubb's original bbq sauce, 1/3 buffalo and 1/3 dry rub only.

Looks fantastic. The ones I am doing tonight are rubbed in garlic salt and a chipotle & herb dry rub. Using hickory chunks with the coals for smoke that I love.

Doing the 1/2 direct, 1/2 indirect method you recommended above. I want to do full indirect heat smoke with both plates, but I don't want to sit here all night. Going to do 1/3 of the batch in Stubb's original bbq sauce, 1/3 buffalo and 1/3 dry rub only.

I'm sure it will be great! i would suggest a small amount of hickory to start in case you haven't used it before. Poultry tends to really suck in the smoke flavor. Good luck, let us know how it turns out! 

Wow, those were fantastic. The chipotle & herb dry rub (no sauce) were the best. All 3 varieties were great, but I'm a dry rub fan, versus sauce, when it comes to just about all grilling and smoking of meat.