Smoked wings with indirect heat

I have yet to do indirect. I have done 400 and high in the dome with good results. If there is any sugar in the rub 325 to 350 ---at the main grate works well. Lately I use the wing/drum stick rack and turn at ten minute intervals at about 325/350.

They are done in the 40 to 50 minute range.

I just had a friend over and i asked him how he liked the wings on wing night and he said he ordered a burger. Well we gave him three wings and he finally took a bite of one saying that he does NOT eat wings. He was picking the bones and saying wow these are really good and I just ate.

P1010225.jpg?1465814057176&1465814059952

• 3 years later...

Smoked Kamado wings are one of THE best meats off the Kamado.  Dry rub em the night before and let em chill and marinate for 24 hrs.

Kamado Joe 2, Lump charcoal and use a piece of your fav wood.  250-275 degrees, use deflector plates, 1.5 hrs indirect.  Pull off your grates (with the wings still on the grates).  Remove the deflector plates and open the bottom and top vent all the way, close the lid...get the fire up to 500.  Place grates (with chicken still on the grates) on the lowest level and singe each side of the wing for 4 minutes or so...it crisps the skin and provides just that bit of char that makes this a dynamite cook.

I just did these for a neighborhood smoke out.  These wings stole the show!

On 5/18/2020 at 11:20 PM, Mdlwtchmp said:

Smoked Kamado wings are one of THE best meats off the Kamado.  Dry rub em the night before and let em chill and marinate for 24 hrs.

Kamado Joe 2, Lump charcoal and use a piece of your fav wood.  250-275 degrees, use deflector plates, 1.5 hrs indirect.  Pull off your grates (with the wings still on the grates).  Remove the deflector plates and open the bottom and top vent all the way, close the lid...get the fire up to 500.  Place grates (with chicken still on the grates) on the lowest level and singe each side of the wing for 4 minutes or so...it crisps the skin and provides just that bit of char that makes this a dynamite cook.

I just did these for a neighborhood smoke out.  These wings stole the show!

This is basically the same method I use and it makes, in my opinion, restaurant quality wings every time. Even the wife loves them.