Costco Roadshow - KamadoJoe Grills - Norwalk, CA

socaldave

There's a Kamado Joe Roadshow at the Costco in Norwalk CA running from 6-10 thru 6-19-16.  Big Joe's, Classic Joe's, Joe Jr's & Lump Charcoal.   Costco Wholesale 12324 Hoxie Ave, Norwalk, CA 90650

Phone: (562) 929-0826

kamado, joe, big, green, egg, ceramic, grills, bbq, smoker, primo, webber, pit, boss, costco, wholesale, charcoal, traeger, Lynx; Fire Magic; Twin Eagles; Delta Heat, ROYAL, Big Green Egg; BGE; Kamado; Smoking; Smokers; Delta Heat; BBQ Islands; Outdoor Kitchens; Barbeque; BBQ; Barbeques; Gas Logs; Fire Pit; American Outdoor Grill; AOG; Captain Cook; Cook On; Pizza Oven; Cross ray; Propane; Amerigas; lump; charcoal; Outdoor entertainment; AEI;

Dave, are you working the Laguna Marketplace road show in 2 weeks? That's my local Costco... 

I had to buy a 20# bag of Primo (for $31.50 :shock: ) a few weeks back because I ran out of my KJ lump, so I need to stock up... I might need to rent a truck for it ;-)

Does your KJ lump put out a lot of ash while cooking? I tried some for the first time a few weeks back and it left ash all over my food and I'm not sure why. 

Dave, are you working the Laguna Marketplace road show in 2 weeks? That's my local Costco... 

I had to buy a 20# bag of Primo (for $31.50 :shock: ) a few weeks back because I ran out of my KJ lump, so I need to stock up... I might need to rent a truck for it ;-)

Does your KJ lump put out a lot of ash while cooking? I tried some for the first time a few weeks back and it left ash all over my food and I'm not sure why. 

I haven't tried the new "restaurant grade" KJ, but I've *always* really liked KJ lump. I've never had any complaints with it. 

The Primo was pretty decent. I don't like RO. I also used Fogo and thought it to be excellent.

But quality and value (with the roadshow pricing) simply CAN'T be beat with the KJ. 40# for $30 is a steal.

I had to buy a 20# bag of Primo (for $31.50 :shock: ) a few weeks back because I ran out of my KJ lump, so I need to stock up... I might need to rent a truck for it ;-)

I haven't tried the new "restaurant grade" KJ, but I've *always* really liked KJ lump. I've never had any complaints with it.

The Primo was pretty decent. I don't like RO. I also used Fogo and thought it to be excellent.

But quality and value (with the roadshow pricing) simply CAN'T be beat with the KJ. 40# for $30 is a steal.

I am going through my first bag now. No ash on my food. In fact, I find KJ lump to be one of my lower ash producing lumps.

I am thinking ash on your food has more to do with air moving through your kamado then with what type of lump your using. Just a thought. 

Hi Jesse. I have not had that problem with KJ lump so I have to say no to your question. Possible ideas to check into are as "keeperovdeflame" points out, maybe air somehow got forced into the bottom damper from wind, etc. Other possibility could be a buildup of ash in the tray or ash containment area of your grill before you started. I say it's a safe bet to give it another go.

The KJ charcoal from the Costco Roadshows is excellent and burns just as expected. Dave is a great rep and answered a ton of questions I had prior to my purchase.

Also, glad we picked up the Jr. That day too.

Hey Rob. Glad to hear you're enjoying your KJ's. Awesome pics of the Joe Jr. making it up to Yosemite. My Jr. just missed my trip but it'll be along on the next one. Great meeting you both and we're happy we could help you with your purchase. Thanks again! 

Thanks for the reply's guys, I'm not sure what's going on cause it didn't do it with anything else I've used. I bought 2 bags of it and was really excited to try it so I cleaned everything out so that I only burned KJ lump on my cook, didn't want other coal in there. It did it the second time I cooked with it as well but like I said I have 2 bags of it and I'm not going to toss it so I'll give it another try on something else. Norwalk isn't to far from me so I might go and check them out anyways.