What did our parents do......?

philpom

At my house it was all Mom could do to keep track of who was practicing what sport and when they needed to get dropped off or picked up!  I don't know how she did it all.  Dad was always traveling.  Mom ran the house.  She did everything impeccably.

We didn't even have a TV in the ';70's. TV was useless, only 1 fuzzy channel would tune in. No Dish Network back then. Evenings were spent outside on the patio. My dad would do some grilling on a Weber Kettle. We had acreage, so we played baseball, rode dirt bikes. Rode horses. Lot's of board games, card games. 

My dad had a private plane for a long time. After it stalled out and crashed shortly after take off one day he took the insurance money and bought a sail boat. His evenings was consumed with plane and sail boat stuff.

My mom was the standard house wife.

Reef's Bistro

We farmed so there was always work to do. All year long. Summer time it was pcking, shelling, shutting, canning and pulling weeds, milking cows. Winter was bout taking care of all tbe animals.. It was back breaking work for whole Family... Wouldn't want to have my life any other way.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk