Sous vide chicken wings

onewondershow

I took some frozen chicken wings out of the freezer and rubbed them with a bit of mustard to help the seasoning stick. I flavored half with Oakridge sweet rib rub and the other half with some sweet mesquite Kirkland seasoning. I vac sealed them frozen and dropped then into a 147 degree water bath. Most of the wing time I saw were 2 hours but since mine were frozen I set my anova for 2.5 hours. We ended up taking longer than expected to get home so they cooked for a bit over 3 hours. Then out of the bag, a quick dry pat, and into the heat for a couple minutes just to brown them up. These wings were awesome.  I don't know if it's from cooking in their own juices or what but the flavor was just awesome.  My wife and I really enjoyed them.

post-2084-0-04181900-1466195179_thumb.jp

post-2084-0-72499800-1466195193_thumb.jp

post-2084-0-04803000-1466195220_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

Did you have any textural issues with the wings at that temperature?

No they came out great. I did brown then after the water bath but they tasted awesome no weird or mushy textures. The first time I did chicken breast I did 140 and I ended up throwing then back in the frying pan for a bit because I didn't like the texture of meat. 

Did you have any textural issues with the wings at that temperature?

No they came out great. I did brown then after the water bath but they tasted awesome no weird or mushy textures. The first time I did chicken breast I did 140 and I ended up throwing then back in the frying pan for a bit because I didn't like the texture of meat.
Cool. Thanks.