Where did "The Cooler" go in general discussion?

Free Riders - just how long do you think John is supposed to carry you? What do you expect for free? Do your research and see how long you can run a site such as this without paying for hosting. Please don't get upset because the success of this site demands differential membership levels in order to continue to provide service.

I joined as lifetime supporter after maybe a year and a half using this site. I felt i had recieved quite a bit of knowledge and advice and was happy to donate a small sum to help this awesome site keep rolling on. Not to mention the friends i have made abd the entertainment. If you have the means, i think you will find giving back a little bit will be well worth it.

Just wondering what the actually cost of maintaining the site really is, at $25 a year x #of supporters seems like it could be a pretty big dollar amount, wondering if people are actually making $ of the site vs having it as a forum, again just asking questions so don't take it personal.

Just wondering what the actually cost of maintaining the site really is, at $25 a year x #of supporters seems like it could be a pretty big dollar amount, wondering if people are actually making $ of the site vs having it as a forum, again just asking questions so don't take it personal.

I have no clue buddy. What I do know is most peeps who use this site are using it for free. Nothing wrong with that. I did it for years. It's totally cool imho. But I know for a fact it takes time and effort to maintain this site. So, for me, it was a good decision to become a supporter. I gave just a little back, for all I got outta here. I made out like a bandit. John and his mods are well worth it. IMHO. Some may disagee.

This post is way out of line! What the heck do you care what it costs to run this site? Are you so willing to tell John, the guy who came up with this idea, fostered it, and makes it work every single day that he's not entitled to some recompense for his efforts? you think his time is costless? John is the one taking the risk here, not you. This is a private site owned by John. Who do you think you are to ask about his finances?

If you think it's that lucrative, go do one yourself; not a single soul will stop you. Go find out what it takes to run something like this and do it. Maybe you can make a potful of money doing it and have idiots such as yourself question your motivations! You haven't contribute one thin dime here and yet you post that bull butter?

You've got the biggest set of cajones I've ever seen. And you have absolutely no class whatsoever.

This post is way out of line! What the heck do you care what it costs to run this site? Are you so willing to tell John, the guy who came up with this idea, fostered it, and makes it work every single day that he's not entitled to some recompense for his efforts? you think his time is costless? John is the one taking the risk here, not you. This is a private site owned by John. Who do you think you are to ask about his finances?

If you think it's that lucrative, go do one yourself; not a single soul will stop you. Go find out what it takes to run something like this and do it. Maybe you can make a potful of money doing it and have idiots such as yourself question your motivations! You haven't contribute one thin dime here and yet you post that bull butter?

You've got the biggest set of cajones I've ever seen. And you have absolutely no class whatsoever.

another forum bruiser....

way out of line... fricken relax man. i was just wondering

I was just wondering if this site is for profit or for the public...