Howdy again Gurus!

I had a couple of pounds of hamburger that needed to be eaten and I had a couple of friends coming over to just hand out, drink some beer, burn a few burgers, nothing big.  I thought rather than burgers, I'd do enchiladas.  I had one couple bring black beans, another chips and salsa for nachos, and another bring more beer.  I called an audible and switched from burgers to enchiladas.  Browned up the meat, onions, peppers, etc. and made a quick great sauce.

Here are the enchis rolled and in the pan and on the main grate in TheBeast.

post-1637-0-59304500-1467032485_thumb.jp

Here is the pan just prior to the pull.  

post-1637-0-85266200-1467032662_thumb.jp

Here is the closeup view that shows the cheese just the right color of brown for my guests and me.  Just an ever so slight crunch there that was quite tasty.

post-1637-0-11713500-1467032746_thumb.jp

And finally the money shot.  

post-1637-0-92843000-1467032787_thumb.jp

This was just a simple and quick enchi cook that worked out quite well.  We all had our fill of food and beer and had a great time shooting the breeze.  Good audible at the line.  I hope your weekend was as enjoyable as mine.

Your enchiladas look delicious CC. :good: :good:

O and you know what they say about musical fruit. :)

Husker - given your expertise in creating out of this world Mexican, I do appreciate your kind words.

And yes, I know all about that musical fruit!  But I love beans and that goes with the territory!  :)  

But as long as everyone eats beans, no harm, no foul, right?

Looks like I picked the wrong day to start my diet... now I want enchiladas!  Nice cook sir.

JoeC - I did two pans of those enchis.  Come on over for some leftovers today at lunch!  You're more than welcome to have a seat at ChezChef.  Thanks for your comments.

Outstanding, CC! My first time making smoked chicken enchiladas on the Big Joe went well but I felt I didn't have enough sauce. Yours look plenty saucy and good! I'm gonna follow your example next time I make a batch!

Outstanding, CC! My first time making smoked chicken enchiladas on the Big Joe went well but I felt I didn't have enough sauce. Yours look plenty saucy and good! I'm gonna follow your example next time I make a batch!

Cue, thanks for looking and your comments. I'll tell you a secret ... I did use plenty of sauce. I like a nicely sauced enchilada.

But the real kicker is using a homemade olive tapenade and layering that on top of the enchiladas. Why looks like it could be hamburger under that chees is actually the olive tapenade. It really adds a nice subtle flavor boost that folks love but can't quite figure out!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By DerHusker
      I’ve made these numerous times and I’ve posted the recipes as well so I’m only posting a few pics of this cook. See Links:
      Enchiladas / Sauce:
      https://www.kamadoguru.com/topic/12654-enchiladas-verde-con-pollo/
      Rice:
      https://www.kamadoguru.com/topic/24634-mexican-rice/

Started out making the sauce.

Roasting the veggies and cooking the chicken.

Once everything was done I mixed the chicken with some slivered onion and some cheese. I rolled / wrapped up a dozen enchiladas. I covered them with more sauce and some cheese and baked them on the kamado for 25 minutes.

I plated some up with some fresh made Mexican rice, Frijoles’, some radish and a Modelo Negra.

Muy Delicioso!
      Thanks for looking.
    • By DerHusker
      Decided to make Chicken Enchiladas again on Sunday. (One of my wifes favorites) Started out making up the verde sauce. Here are most of the ingredients.

Roasted most everything.

Tomatillos go straight into the blender.

Other items need to go inside to be cleaned up.

Everyone into the pool for a spin.

Add the cilantro and lime juice and spin some more.

Now I prepped the chicken breasts to shred. Took 2 boneless skinless breasts

and butterflied them, covered with plastic wrap and pounded them flat.

Seared them for approximately 5 minutes each side

and proceeded to shred them.

Now I made some Mexican rice. Most of the ingredients are here.

While the rice was cooking I made up the enchiladas and put them on the kamado at 300 degrees for 15 minutes.

Here they are plated up with the rice, some frijoles and a Modelo Negra.

Muy Bueno!
       Thanks for looking.
    • By DerHusker
      Where the hell has DerHusker been?  You may or may not have been asking yourself this question but even if you haven’t, the answer is here. Every year starting in October I get busy doing an animated Christmas light display synced to music  and that consumes many many hours of my days. Add to that my work has exploded and I’m as busy there as I’ve ever been and finally we take care of my 92 year old MIL who has Alzheimer’s. Add all these things up and something had to give and that something was cooking. So I’ve been away from cooking and this site for quite a while and just to prove that I’m not dead I’m finally posting another cook. This is one of our favorite things to make.

I noticed a vacuum packed package of some BBQ chicken in the freezer drawer.

This was from this cook: https://www.kamadoguru.com/topic/29667-4th-of-july-dinner-chicken-2-ways/?tab=comments#comment-39879

I also had all the ingredients for some Verde Enchilada Sauce.

I took most of this out to the kamado and roasted them and then put everything in the blender for a spin.

I added some canned enchilada sauce to this. I then pulled the chicken and added some diced onion and some queso fresca to it. I set up my work area

and rolled up a dozen enchiladas and then poured some more sauce on the top.

I covered them with some Mexican 4 cheese blend and took them out to the 375 degree kamado.

Here they are after 15 minutes.

Here are 2 plated up with some homemade Mexican rice, some spicy pickled carrots, some frijoles and a Negra Modelo.

Muy Bueno! 

• By DerHusker
      Last weekend I made some enchiladas verde con pollo along with some Mexican rice. I’ve made the enchiladas and rice lots of times and have already posted the recipes here (See links) so I’m just posting the pictures of this cook with little commentary.
      https://www.kamadoguru.com/topic/12654-enchiladas-verde-con-pollo/
      https://www.kamadoguru.com/topic/24634-mexican-rice/
      Some of the ingredients for rice.

Pics of the ingredients for the Verde sauce and process.

Making the Enchiladas.

Enchiladas baking and then plated with some canned frijoles and a Negra Modelo.

Thanks for looking.
    • By CeramicChef
      Howdy Gurus!

Here are a couple of recent quick cooks done here at ChezChef on my 19" KK, Beauty!

First we have spiral cut chills dogs.  No big deal except that I absolutely LOVE chili dogs.  We have two types of dogs ... a few jalapeño sausages and a few hot links.

Now to eat healthy, here is a burger and veggies, Brussels Sprout and last summer's corn.

Thanks for looking.  Both were quite sumptuous!  Enjoy your cooks!