ckreef

King Arthur Artisan Pizza Tutorial

84 posts in this topic

Ok I have to ask....are you sure it was silicone-impregnated parchment paper and not something with a wax coating? I've never seen parchment stick to dough. Burn up, for sure, but never stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chaded likes this

Omy. So, i just asked my wife what that paper was we used (there is no box) and she said, "it's wax paper, isn't it the same thing...?" I guess that is probably my trouble. I used quite a bit of flour on the sticky dough and my kamado big joe temps was over 600 degrees this last time at right at 600 the last time. I will try the actual parchment paper next time. 

ckreef and LargeRedJoe like this

34 minutes ago, chaded said:

Omy. So, i just asked my wife what that paper was we used (there is no box) and she said, "it's wax paper, isn't it the same thing...?" I guess that is probably my trouble. I used quite a bit of flour on the sticky dough and my kamado big joe temps was over 600 degrees this last time at right at 600 the last time. I will try the actual parchment paper next time. 

I was going to ask the wax paper question  but I see you've figured it out. Please try again with parchment and let us know what you think. Parchment will never stick. 

LargeRedJoe and chaded like this

And FWIW if you are a Costco member you can find two packs of large parchment rolls at a very good price. Sams' Club too, more than likely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, chaded said:

I just started making pizzas on my kamado joe and followed this recipe. The first batch last week turned out very good. We did have a slight issue with the parchment paper sticking to the bottom. We made them again tonight, and it was a complete failure on an epic level. The parchment paper was stuck so bad that i couldnt even eat any of the pizza. Any ideas on what to do? 

Welcome! One thing I do to keep my pizza dough from sticking is to use some white corn meal on the bottom of the crust. It's nice. 

I will let everyone know how it turns out next week. Friday has become homeade pizza on the kamado night. As far as the pizza goes, it's delicious. Just had the paper issue. 

Here is a picture of the first pizza i made that i managed to get the paper off from two weeks ago. Classic pepperoni.

IMG_0993.JPG

TKOBBQ, ckreef, Mr Cue and 1 other like this

For a basic fail that pizza came out looking mighty tasty.

And you know a little bit of wax never hurt anyone - j/k - LOL 

That pie looks great to me! My first home made pizza looked pretty much like a map of Italy  :)

Moses in PA

Ok, so it definitely was a paper issue. I used genuine parchment paper the other night and there was no sticking at all. It was a different recipe (didnt have 24 hours for dough this time) but it definitely solved the sticking issue! 

ckreef and TKOBBQ like this