Why I love KG so much.

Last night I made a meal and all three components were inspired by cooks I had seen in KG recently. I did Frank`s chicken which was very close to bbqjames` version, a wilted kale salad slightly tweaked from alabamaaviator, and a corn salad/salsa inspired by kismetkamado.

I marinated some bone in chicken thighs (.79 per pound this weekend at sprouts) and marinated them in Frank's red hot sauce, with one just in salt and garlic powder for my boys.67714e76029d56c6a0d5ba47ff301402.jpg

Roasted some corn and bell peppers for the corn salad.e6ab7a0d35ee610db42f62bfdb54f3b7.jpg

After that was chilled, mixed it with fresh tomato, one jalapeno, two dives avocados, black beans, grated garlic and lemon zest, lemon juice,generously salted, and a splash of extra virgin olive oil. Stirred that all together.1068126f60e337824ca545888d46c86b.jpg

Then it was time to put the chicken on the grill.f63a1c3f1597035256f8d1c9a9cb74d6.jpg

Seasoned it with salt, pepper and garlic powder.

Then went inside to work on the kale.3bdb893d0854bbec5a701a7c38849e17.jpg

Melted a few tablespoons of butter, then cooked down two shallots, added the kale,salted,and allowed to wilt. Then I added grated garlic, grated lemon zest, and the juice of a lemon off the heat.ceb8473ae17e45988e873824198aff7b.jpg

Flipped the chicken and started basting with a combination of Frank's and butter.30bee11048982e9fc83e133437f4223d.jpg

Cooked to 175 and coated with more of the basting mixture (which I had previously set aside because I am a freak about food safety like that) and made myself a plate.25f774ec2ac0da7ffc8d7684b14a527c.jpg

Dang this was Flippen good. And the chicken was so juicy I couldn't believe it. I actually bit into it and there was a visible pocket of juicy. It was unreal. My son had to come over and look at it with me lol.

Anyway, I am just so grateful people are willing to share their ideas and recipies on here, because I probably wouldn't have thought to do any of these things in my own and my family had a fantastic (and new!) meal as a result. So cool to have found so many people with the same hobby.

Great looking cook.

A large portion of what I do I learned on kamado guru or was inspired by someone else's cook. Kamado Guru is like the great kamado cookbook, you just have to Wade through a bunch of posts to get there.

Reef's Bistro

@shuley - like a I always say, welcome to The Obsession! :)

That's a very nice cook! That corn salad looks absolutely killer! Kudos to you. Isn't this as easy as we told you it was? You've come a long way, Ma'am! Congrats to you.

Great looking cook.

A large portion of what I do I learned on kamado guru or was inspired by someone else's cook. Kamado Guru is like the great kamado cookbook, you just have to Wade through a bunch of posts to get there.

Reef's Bistro

I completely agree, and sometimes I think even the things I don't try making...I'll remember one specific thing and that will influence my decision on how to execute another recipe. I like learning from other people!