Booted out

I will echo what I feel is the majority of folks here and say that I have learned more from this forum and John's videos in last 2-3 years then I have from any other site, a $200 BBQ class my wife got me, or any of many BBQ/recipe books that I have amassed. If I'm at Costco and I have a question about something you can post the question knowing that it will most likely be answered before you are ready to leave

Nobody is making anyone pay for the subscriptions and if you don't want to that fine. But geez if you want to be John then put on his shoes

Netflix is worth 32.9 billion and this site is worth what?

Sit down if you have no idea what you are talking about.

You seem to really be stuck on the financial aspect of this issue. In case you missed John's previous post here it is again, by the way you seemed to have ignored the question he asked.

I'm not myspace. I'm not Facebook. I don't look at this as a business. It's a hobby. It's an expensive hobby. It's a time consuming hobby. I don't intend to get rich or make money from running Kamadoguru.com. I don't intend to make a profit. It just would never happen. I do intend to encourage folks to contribute. By taking that stand, I have created some incentive. I fully expected backlash from a few members. There will be more to come. This is why I left this thread open. I'll let anyone who wishes voice their complaints.

If my effort here backfires and everyone walks away from this site over this, no sweat on my part. I would hate to see it but since this is not a profit center for me, it's also no skin off my back.

Now here's my opportunity to complain:

What have I taken away from you of value in this process? What are you losing in this incentive deal I have created?

John doesn't seem to be looking at having a measurebaiting contest about any finances, this is a hobby to him. It's also one that is probably very time consuming.

It's hard to explain but honeslty I won't look at this site the same way again.

I don't know if I could put it into words, but look at Microsoft (free windows upgrades now, Google, yahoo, foxnews, newspapers all across the country, or any other multi billion dollar business)...they have tried your aproach,then immediately dropped it with newer generations because it doesn't work.

People outside of a certain demographic will not pay for content for any period of time like they once did.

I'm not throwing shade, just being honest and asking you to look around at the places you frequent.

Like netflix, amazon prime, Pandora and a host of other content providers. Hulu I mean really there are so many subscription based services. Satellite radio. This site is 95% free I just don't understand what the big deal is.

As to the other post I'm 37 have a young son a dog , rent, car payments ,school loans and I still think thus site is worth the money. I for one plan on subscribing soon. 

Pay away guys, let me find you the link..

http://www.kamadoguru.com/subscriptions/

What exactly was your point again? Not criticizing, just forgot the point you were trying to make?

He's trying to make the point that I'm not on a path of financial success.  That's why I made the post I made that he's either not seeing or ignoring.  I dunno which.

William Tell, we've opened a line of communication here that may help make this more of a possibility for folks, myself include, as well as help John achieve his goals for this site. If you can't contribute to that discussion, please stop posting. Don't troll the thread because you have something to prove or need to get the last word.

Pay away guys, let me find you the link..http://www.kamadoguru.com/subscriptions/

What exactly was your point again? Not criticizing, just forgot the point you were trying to make?

He's trying to make the point that I'm not on a path of financial success.  That's why I made the post I made that he's either not seeing or ignoring.  I dunno which.

Oh ok, yeah I thought we established that this forum and kamado cooking is a hobby (one of many for most of us) and the Microsoft and Netflix references got confusing (I'm like whaaaat?)

I'm just going to say exactly what I think here and I don't give a crap if it harelips the Pope.  I've kept my mouth shut on this for a very good reason.  I can't stand it anymore.

If the cost of a damned membership is all that high to you cheap bastards, maybe you shouldn't be cooking on a kamado in the first place!  Go sell that pot that you never even thought about dropping major cash for, get a kettle, and STFU!

I'm just going to say exactly what I think here and I don't give a crap if it harelips the Pope.  I've kept my mouth shut on this for a very good reason.  I can't stand it anymore.

If the cost of a damned membership is all that high to you cheap bastards, maybe you shouldn't be cooking on a kamado in the first place!  Go sell that pot that you never even thought about dropping major cash for, get a kettle, and STFU!

STOP.  This is exactly what we don't want or need here.  

STOP.  This is exactly what we don't want or need here.  

I had my say.  This has dragged on for 4 pages to what end?