Jack.

2 Pizzas On The Blackstone

This is making me want to try one of those blackstone ovens even more :)

I have had a CL search going for a while. O have had zero hits on blackstone.

Nobody is giving up their Blackstone. Everyone likes them too much. They just do a really good job at their intended purpose.

Reef's Bistro

Nobody is giving up their Blackstone. Everyone likes them too much. They just do a really good job at their intended purpose.

Reef's Bistro

I have noticed. I was out of work when lowes was clearing them out for ridiculous prices. I almost bought one then... Wife would have killed me.

In some ways the Jr is an easier setup than the BigJoe for pizza. If we start doing pizza like this often, I might revisit the idea of a blackstone.

Storage / kitchen accessibility is another issue for me. It need to be very easy to walk outside and throw a pie in for a minute or two, repeat 5x. The Jr is on a deck, I know the wife would not be happy with a pizza oven there too. Maybe once we build a garage...

Killer pies Jack! Did you add the basil after you pulled th he pizza?

Many thanks, Jose.  Yes, I added the basil immediately after removing from the oven while everything was piping hot.  I find that putting the basil on before the pizza goes in the oven can cause it to shrivel up or even scorch.

Fantastic pies. Love the Blackstone stone.

Reef's Bistro

Thank you, ck.  I love the Blackstone.  I really think it's one of the best $250 (I got the sale price) I ever spent.

Jack - dadgummit all anyway! Gorgeous pizza pies. Now I've got to change drool bibs and dry off my keyboard. DITTOS! Kudos to you, especially on that Pizza Margherita. My fave pie of all time.

Many thanks, CC.  My wife loves the Margherita.  The pepperoni was for me. :)  :)

I love pepperoni as much as the next guy. That Margherita has my attention. Gorgeous!

Thank you,Cgriller.  Pep for me, Margherita for my wife.  :)  :)

That pepperoni looks killer, Jack! Care to share the recipe?

Thank you, Mr Cue.  This was a weeknight, "Hurry Up, I'm hungry" kind of cook.  The dough was from a local Italian specialty market, the sauce, too.