Jack 101

2 Pizzas On The Blackstone

Congratulations, John.  You're gonna' love it.  Getting those stickers off can be a challenge.  I found hot water to dissolve the paper part and acetone or GooGone to dissolve the glue work pretty well.  Along with copious amounts of elbow grease.

Can't wait to see your pizzas.  :good:  :good:

On the dome portion that houses the upper stone.  They were a PIA for several of us.  I complained to the Company Rep.  I hope they have eliminated the problem by changing to more user-friendly adhesive.  

Wher are these stickers that need to come off?

I used a MAPP torch, Goo Gone, scrub brush and elbow grease.

They are also stickers on the side shelves if I remember correctly but I didn't bother installing the shelves.

Reef's Bistro

Pulled the trigger... B here wednesday

You'll love your blackstone. I love that theres not alot of time between cooking your pizza. Use to, we cook our son's pizza first.. He would be done eating before the second pizza came out. I don't regret us buying it.

Mrs. Reef's Bistro

This is making me want to try one of those blackstone ovens even more :)

I have had a CL search going for a while. O have had zero hits on blackstone.

There is one for sale about 2.5 hours from me. https://lakecity.craigslist.org/for/5631771027.html

It's been posted for almost a month now. Maybe if it's still there in October and we plan a trip to Universal Studios, I'll pick it up on the way through ;)

Still new in box - that is a really great deal - somebody should snatch that up.

Reef's Bistro

The CL post is now gone. I knew I shouldn't have talked about it here! Which of you Gurus snatched it up? ;)

I put it together and fired it up today.. there might be a bit of a learning curve to controlling the temperature on this beast...

post-1-0-22492300-1468511793_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-08367600-1468511794_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-65397200-1468511794_thumb.jpg

I had the ambient temp up over 1100 degrees in no time and the stone temp did max out my IR gun at 1022f shortly after...

I put it together and fired it up today.. there might be a bit of a learning curve to controlling the temperature on this beast...

attachicon.gifbs1.jpg

attachicon.gifbs2.jpg

attachicon.gifbs3.jpg

I had the ambient temp up over 1100 degrees in no time and the stone temp did max out my IR gun at 1022f shortly after...

Great, now you've got me wanting a Blackstone pizza oven! ;-)