Like father like son

onewondershow

Genetically my family seems to be prone to crazy accidents and injuries. I'm in the hospital because my son fractured his wrist in 2 places just playing. Last year he fractured his foot jumping off a big slide. My father, uncles ,brother and me have all smashed and broken things in crazy accidents. A short list of the family history and believe me there are many more examples include racing a train on a motorcycle and losing, however he did live. My dad fell 6 stories twice lived the first time not the second. My brother crashed a snowmobile into a tree as a kid, got the on out of a moving car at 21. I've fallen out of a tree onto a nail that went thru my foot. I once got thrown under a tube on an ice slide and got hundreds of cuts all over my body from the ice. The list goes on and on. Makes me worry what he will do next.  

post-2084-0-80675200-1468559604_thumb.jp

I hope your son gets well soon. Your post made me think of some of the incredibly stupid things I did as a kid, and how lucky I am. I was almost killed by cars several times before age 14 but by the grace of God was unscathed. Almost killed/seriously injured myself skiing a time or two. The capriciousness of life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll say a prayer for a quick and full recovery!

As the father of four boys and an athletic girl, it amazes me as to what they can do to themselves and still recover completely. That said, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree; I'm living the old Groucho Marx line "If I knew I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself!" :-D

So just an update. My son turned 5 today and is having tons of fun despite the cast. He's awesome nothing bothers him. I set this up while he was sleeping. He's an only child and only grandchild, and only great grandchild so there will be a ton more. How cool are these compared to the old slot cars.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Agrk_6i5eKDZgq5aU7CeEFyenmG_Lg