My Black's BBQ birthday surprise - from Texas to Canada's capital

K-ville

For my birthday my wife and son surprised me with a BBQ feast all the way from Black's BBQ in Lockhart Texas. 

Now to put this gift in perspective, I live south of Canada's Capital in a town called Kepmtville, which is 20 minutes from the US border at

Ogdensburg NY, which is about 2000 miles from Lockhart Texas.

My son had the food shipped to the US where he picked it up on his way home from Toronto. He timed it all for a surprise Saturday night meal with my family who came in from all over. 

I have never tasted Texas BBQ, let alone any US BBQ and it was quite a challenge for my son to find a BBQ place that A, was somewhat famous, and B, that

would accept a Canadian payment. So Black's BBQ won on both counts. We had seen them mentioned favorably on several BBQ shows and they took Canadian credit cards.

Anyway, he pulled it off. We ate, drank and had a great time. We had brisket, beef ribs, pork ribs and 2 kinds of sausage that were all excellent. 

That said, the best part of all was my family saying that my briskets and ribs were as good as, or better than, Black's.

Now that's a birthday gift.

Brian

post-2055-0-75153200-1468773615_thumb.jp