Need Prayers

landscaper

Since I can't post in the cooler I'm posting this here. I hope it is ok. 

My wife Lisa was recently diagnosed with cancer. We just found out on Monday. We don't know much yet and It amazes me how the doctors just let you sit and wait for weeks like its no big deal. But that's another story. We have been together for 36 years. Its always been me and her. I've never been so scared in all my life. I've been in a daze since Monday and I can't eat or sleep and my lust for life is gone. My heart  aches in a way I have never felt before in my life.

I know I have to take things one day at a time, but I can't help think of the worse case scenario. I feel as if I'm in a nightmare and all I want to do is wake up. I have my moments of strength when I pray to God for his strength and mercy, but most times I revert back to being weak and scared out of my mind. I feel so sorry for her and I try to be strong in front of her. It hurts that I'm powerless to do anything. I would switch places in a minute if I could. 

We don't have many friends as we keep to ourselves and are private people. But I have been telling a few people I know so that they can pray for us. 

I come to you all to ask for your prayers at my most desperate time in my life. Please pray for us. 

I feel like my life ended on Monday. My life is meaningless without her and I don't know if I could carry on. I don't post this for sympathy only for your prayers. I won't be responding to this post and you don't have to either. I just need you to pray for us at your church or in private. I thank you in advance. 

God Bless you All!

Thank You. Dave

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

On July 31, 2012, my wife called me at work with words no one should ever hear: "I have cancer!" Treatment and technology have advanced so much that, while chilling, a cancer diagnosis can be beaten.

Stay strong! You will find inner strength that will be called upon. You are not alone, regardless of the number of friends. You have many friends here.

My wife and I improved our eating habits and the KJ has been a big part of it. My wife is approaching 4 years cancer free and life is looking great.

Take care, friend.

I almost lost my wife three months ago, so I know how you feel.

We too are private people with no children and married 24 years but together for 30.

So, now is the time for you to be strong for her. Her health will respond to a positive environment.

Laughter and joy will be hard but will be a must.

You will have my prayers!

Having a few friends who HAD breast cancer, medicine has improved so much in the last 20 years. Breast cancer has a huge survival rate now. My mom got it in 1963 and lived until 2012 at the age of 95. Stay positive and strong. She will beat this even though it is not going to be an easy fight. Please keep us updated and my best to both of you.

Prayers for your wife and you, landscaper.  I echo what BSA said.  My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer at age 56.  She had a single mastectomy and lived a normal life to age 85.  She did not die of cancer. 

Stay positive and strong.