UTVol

Whole Wheat Bread-maker Recipe - Suggestions?

I've tried a couple and the first was way to dense and dry (used 100% wheat flour) using the recipe that came with the breadmaker.  Tried a honey wheat recipe (100% whole wheat as well) I found online and the taste was better but something went wrong in the process and it came out uneven and was a little on the dense and dry side as well.

Any recommendations?  Should I go 50/50 with bread flour?  Wanted to get some thoughts from the gurus before I take a shot in the dark on the WWW.

Thanks Gurus!

I'd go 50/50 for a good result. When going 100% you really need to add gluten/enhancer to the mix in order to get a light loaf.

It is possible to get a lighter loaf by using a 3-day (or more) method of poolish, pre-ferment, etc. Give the yeast a good deal of time to work on what little gluten is available.

I'd give some of the King Arthur bread machine recipes a try -- they usually turn out well.

I'd go 50/50 for a good result. When going 100% you really need to add gluten/enhancer to the mix in order to get a light loaf.

It is possible to get a lighter loaf by using a 3-day (or more) method of poolish, pre-ferment, etc. Give the yeast a good deal of time to work on what little gluten is available.

I'd give some of the King Arthur bread machine recipes a try -- they usually turn out well.

Didnt even occur to me to check our KA bread maker recipes. I'll give that a shot and go 50/50. Thanks amigo!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Only decent results I have had was going 50/50.

Thanks archer, that's good to know. At least I know it's not me or the breadmaker.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk