Great Buns!

Pequod

• 7 months later...
39 minutes ago, Breadhead said:

Nice job on those Brioche buns.  I couldn't do them any better than you did.

Folks, meet @Breadhead, the creator of this, the best brioche bun recipe on the planet. AND he's also the mentor to MANY, MANY aspiring bread bakers over at Amazing Ribs, including myself (I'm "Pequod" over there...don't ask...). He's the AR Prophet of Gluten!

Thank you for the kind words @HalfSmoke. It's nice to see you spreading the Brioche recipe around. I love to see people using it and enjoying it. 

You Sir posted one of the best looking loaves of high hydration sourdough bread a while back at AmazingRibs that I've ever seen. Scoring a real high hydration dough like that is not easy, you killed it. Plus I love the dark brown color you got on the crust of that loaf. 

Ken Forkish would give you a thumbs up and a pat on the back for that beautiful loaf of bread!

IMG_6868.JPG

6 hours ago, Breadhead said:

Thank you for the kind words @HalfSmoke. It's nice to see you spreading the Brioche recipe around. I love to see people using it and enjoying it. 

You Sir posted one of the best looking loaves of high hydration sourdough bread a while back at AmazingRibs that I've ever seen. Scoring a real high hydration dough like that is not easy, you killed it. Plus I love the dark brown color you got on the crust of that loaf. 

Ken Forkish would give you a thumbs up and a pat on the back for that beautiful loaf of bread!

IMG_6868.JPG

Thanks much for the compliments! That's one of my favorite Forkish recipes -- mix of AP, whole wheat, and dark rye flours, and have been able to repeat that result a number of times. Have been too busy lately to be active anywhere but at the KK forum, but need to get back to the Amazing Bread Thread at AR. Lots of inspiration there.