16. TKOBBQ

TKOBBQ

17. ckreef

ckreef

18. aljoseph

aljoseph

• Similar Content

• By DerHusker
      I’ve made this pizza at least 10 times as it is my favorite. This morning I made up some pizza dough.

Around 3:00 I prepped my kamado for pizza and lite it up to preheat. Around 3:30 I brought out my dough and all my ingredients.

I applied a thin layer of BBQ sauce and some red onion.

Then some red bell pepper and cilantro.

Then some chicken breast I’d mixed up with some BBQ sauce

and finally, the cheese.

Placed it on the pizza stone in the kamado for approximately 8 minutes at 400 degrees.

Here’s the result.

As always, it was delicious.

Thanks for looking

• By DerHusker
      Since my Husker Game was finally on in the evening we had a watch party at our house. I wanted something we could eat while watching the game, so I decided on Runzas (AKA Bierocks) and corn on the cob. (Both of which are Nebraska staples) I followed Cowgirl’s recipe with a few changes this time.

This time I subbed out a 1 lb. chub of Jimmy Deans regular sausage for one 1 lb. of hamburger. I also tripled the amount of garlic. Both tweaks really added to the flavor and I’ll be doing so on all future batches.

Here’s a link to a thread of my first attempt making these where the original recipe can be found.

https://www.kamadoguru.com/topic/23518-dutch-oven-bierocks-or-runzas-or-whatever-you-want-to-call-them/

Started out making up the dough.

Prepped all the ingredients and took them all out to my gas side burner.

Sweated the onion and added the hamburger.

After the hamburger was mostly browned I added the salt, pepper and cabbage and cooked until it wilted.

The dough had risen nicely so

rolled it out into a log

and cut it into 8 roughly equal pieces and formed each piece into a ball.

I then rolled each piece into an approximate 7” round and placed 2 giant spoonful’s in the center.

I folded up the edges and pitched them together and placed each into my Dutch Oven that I had already smeared with butter. I repeated this process until it was full. I prepped my kamado for the Dutch Oven and preheated it to 325.

I then closed the lid and let this bake for approximately 35 minutes. And here is the result.

I carefully cut around each one and plated one up with a ear of corn and wash this down with a Pizza Port Brewing Swami’s I.P.A. (IPA not shown)

Yum!

Everyone thought they were delicious and the game results were good as well.

Thanks for looking.
    • By Smokingdadbbq
      After doing a warm up burn in before the weekend when we were away I was excited to get home and do my first cook on my new kamado Joe 3. 

I reverse seared the tomahawk with the SloRoller at 250 until the IT hit 114 and then set it aside under foil while I change the setup for searing the steak and cast iron frying the shrimp. 

couldn’t be happier with the cook, it was also my first time using one of the two bags I picked up on the weekend of KJ charcoal, not sure how much of the awesome is the coal vs the grill but it all worked together to make a meal our guests will remember. Can’t wait to try more cooks. 

Posting a sneak peek before this hits my instagram page https://www.instagram.com/smokingdadbbq/

• By DerHusker
      It’s been hot this last week here in Low Cal (Upper 90’s to low 100’s) but today it cooled off, so I grilled a few Cheeseburgers. I started out by cutting 2 russet potatoes up into 1/8th and then tossed in some OO and seasoned with some fresh ground salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper and some thyme. I then seasoned the patties with Primo Chicago Stockyard rub. Here they are on the grill ready to be flipped.

Flipped them.

I then removed the patties and toasted the buns. While they were toasting I added some cheddar cheese slices to the patties. Once the buns were done I put the patties back on to melt the cheese.

Here it is plated up with the Steak Fries and a Modelo Especial.  

YUM!

Thanks for looking.
    • By DerHusker
      Sent the long weekend off in style with a Double Meat Double Cheese Burger. Fired up Jr. for the patties.

Flipped and removed them when they were done so I could add the cheese.

Toasted the buns.

One more time of the grill to melt the cheese.

Plated this up with some watermelon, potato salad and a Stone Brewing Xocoveza. (Yum!)

After a few bites of this monster.

So good!

Thanks for looking.