Kamado Smoked Italian Meatballs

Jack.

I remember this when youmposted originally...still looks great! I need a pan like that...

Many thanks, John.  You inspired that first experiment all the way back in the Man Cave days.  I still think of you each time I make them.

The pan came from Amazon, about $15, if I remember correctly.  It's called a meatball pan.  I thought it was Nordicware, but did not see their stamp, so it could be a different manufacturer. 

We experiment, we learn, we share our successes and failures with others.  That's what KG has always been for me and why this is my home.

You thought correctly Jack... That is a Nordicware product. I searched my Amazon orders and bought two of these in August 2014 based on your recommendation. Where does the time go? Great pans, great tip from one of the all-time KG mentors! I think fondly of you every time I drop those pans on the Big Joe. The pans are worth every penny. I considered taking a drill to one of my wife's muffin tins, but when I saw how reasonably these were priced, it was an easy decision. Get the nice coated grill ready smooth slick pans without irritating the wife? Easy decision even for a slow guy like me. ;) This is just one of many reasons why jackjumer101 is on my KG Mount Rushmore!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007P425E8/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also remember the other meatball cook... I bought a pan just like that, is Awesome for meatballs and stuffed boneless thighs!!! Them balls of happiness look totally scrumptious, Mon Ami!!

Merci beau coup, Gerard.  I've GOT to try those stuffed boneless thighs in this pan.  Prolly with a little Da-Yum rub.   :wub:  :wub:

I remember this when youmposted originally...still looks great! I need a pan like that...

Many thanks, John.  You inspired that first experiment all the way back in the Man Cave days.  I still think of you each time I make them.

The pan came from Amazon, about $15, if I remember correctly.  It's called a meatball pan.  I thought it was Nordicware, but did not see their stamp, so it could be a different manufacturer. 

We experiment, we learn, we share our successes and failures with others.  That's what KG has always been for me and why this is my home.

You thought correctly Jack... That is a Nordicware product. I searched my Amazon orders and bought two of these in August 2014 based on your recommendation. Where does the time go? Great pans, great tip from one of the all-time KG mentors! I think fondly of you every time I drop those pans on the Big Joe. The pans are worth every penny. I considered taking a drill to one of my wife's muffin tins, but when I saw how reasonably these were priced, it was an easy decision. Get the nice coated grill ready smooth slick pans without irritating the wife? Easy decision even for a slow guy like me. ;) This is just one of many reasons why jackjumer101 is on my KG Mount Rushmore!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007P425E8/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sincere thanks for your very kind words, JayhawkPharmer.  There are so many truly outstanding cooks here, and I learn something new every day from all of you.  I hope I give back a little considering just how much I've received from this wonderful Forum.

Jack, like the other times you've posted the meatballs, this looks delizioso!! I've altered your version for a meatball barley soup that just kills it on a winter day.

Thank you, magician. :)  :)  Meatball barley soup sounds delicious.  I've used these in much reduced size (about 1/2" in diameter) in Italian Wedding soup and it turned out very good.